Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Post!
Lens: 18-250 Camera: K10 
Posted By: Sailor'sOtherKid, 07-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Hello, everyone!! I'm following in the footsteps (well, I'm trying...) of my dad (Sailor) and sister (Sailor's Kid) and have recently started attempting to take photographs. A few months ago, my dad gifted me with his K10 (and three lenses!). As a triathlete, wife, mother, and teacher, I half expected (as did my dad!) that I wouldn't have or make time to add another hobby to my busy schedule. After a few quick lessons from Dad, a little research, and some trial-and-error, however, I was hooked!

I'm nowhere near my dad or sister's skill level, but I am learning and enjoying the process.

These first posts are of my daughter (I know you've all seen her!!)... mainly because I'm hoping her cuteness will distact you from the obvious lack of skill.

Thanks for listening!!

Attached Images

Views: 1,647
07-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forum, everyone here is very helpful and you will see some excellent photography. You started out very well, especially with choosing Sailor's granddaughter, your daughter I know, as your model you just can't go wrong. Looking forward to more of your photography. Bob
07-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard.....
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

when i saw the first pic, i knew right away it was claire! jer (your dad) has taken many memorable pics of her, and shared them with us (here in the forum)..... we've watched her grow up through his postings... a hearty welcome to you.... one of the best resources (great help to me and others) is bryan peterson's books on photography... understanding exposure and his field guide.. also, from personal experience... trial and error has been the best teacher (for me, and i'm sure, many others)..... this forum has been invaluable, from the beginner's section and throughout....
dave m.

07-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sailiers other Kid: [Nice tag] So we finally meet the mother of this beautiful young lady... We have watched, with interest, your daughter grow over the past couple of years. Looks like she has some awesome grandparents, which is so important at her age. Looking forward to seeing more of your photo's.. Cheers JIMBO
07-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Well done - don't worry you'll pass the old man in a heartbeat - it's great to see a Pentax family and all on the forums ! Welcome aboard and looking forward to more.
07-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to have you here, mate. No doubt you're making dad proud.

07-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, as Jers daughter and Claire's mother it would be pretty near impossible to do any thing wrong on this forum. Nice pictures, especially the last one.
07-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

A very warm welcome to you! Great first post, and we look forward to your contributions to the forum.
07-29-2011, 05:29 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All I can say is - "that child must have one smart and good-lookin' grampa."

Jer
07-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
that child must have one smart and good-lookin' grampa
Friend of yours Jer? JIM
07-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Friend of yours Jer? JIM
Yeah, buddy, I run in to him once in a while - he does have a pointed head, but I won't mention that to him.

Jer
07-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #13

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the great replies and the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know and learning from everyone here!
Thanks again!!
07-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Welcome to Jer's jewels in his life enjoy this forum as it's a tight community only willing to help

cheers
07-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #15

Hey, nice shots