Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

K10D and DFA 2.8 100mm macro
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 11-23-2007, 05:12 PM

I do not like the build quality of this lens but want to make sure that optically it is fine before I make up my mind wether to return it or not.

Hard to find live subjects for macro shots this time of year but found a small daddy long leg. After I woke him up he would not stand still long enough for a decent shot but I did get a few. I was amazed at how fast he was even with two missing legs on one side.

By accident I took these at iso 400

Heinrich
Views: 2,943
11-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
See ... now this makes me what to get out and really test out my Tampon MM Macro lens ... I really need to find some spare time and shoot more.

By the looks of this series though ... it's a keeper ... why return a lens that is this sharp.
I have read reviews though that the build quality isn't the best ... but that's because it's not all metal like the older Pentax 100mm macro ... but that's it ... image quality is still excellent.
Oh, I'll kep it allright because the glass is good but it just annoys me that for this kind of money it feels like a cheap toy.

Heinrich

11-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Congrads on owning this beautiful lens. It is certainly worth it in your hands
Thank you roentarre, no doubt that the glass is good but for the rest.......... Pentax should wake up and start some QC in their Vietnam factory.

Heinrich
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #18

These are very cool shots of a "non spider". I especcially like the detail with the lens. Way to go. Have a great day!
11-26-2007, 12:16 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Tim, you have a good day as well.

Heinrich