Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
You Pick The Troublemaker....
Lens: Tamron 18-250 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-29-2011, 07:57 AM

One is an angel....one is described by her Mom as a "holy terror" ....Your guess?

I like the results from the Tammy 18-250 on the K5...I was pleasantly surprised. It was good on my K20D , but seems even better on the K5. Maybe the faster focus and the ability to shoot in low light even though it is a slow lens are what make the difference? It also does pretty good wide open or one stop down, and the handy small size and range make it idea for walkabout snapping.

Otis.....he won't pose for it, says it is too small and does not meet the requirements to shoot a Squirrel of his 'World Standing" and importance. He sometimes says that if a Canon guy comes along with one of those big bulky cameras and a 1200mm Big White Canon lens......he is out of here and taking his Army with him to greener pastures.
Every night I pray for the Canon guy to come by........ I think of the cash I could save on feed and cold beer....and all those new lenses it would buy !

Best Regards!

Your Guess?....this is too easy, isn't it?
[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 1,299
07-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot Rupert. My guess would be the one on the right but I don't really see how either of them could be a "holy terror"

Otis is getting a little full of himself, isn't he?
07-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Great shot Rupert. My guess would be the one on the right but I don't really see how either of them could be a "holy terror"

Otis is getting a little full of himself, isn't he?
Jeff....have you ever considered Squirrel adoption? You seem like a nice guy, and just think what a few hundred Squirrels could do to spice up your life. I'll pay the shipping......I do have a "No Return" policy.
Best Regards!
07-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Yes, I can be a nice guy but that's ok.. I'm sure they prefer the wide open ranges of Texas to the cramped lifestyle of suburban Detroit where every step could prove fatal (Like the one I'm watching eat his nut in the middle of the road right now). Besides, since I don't drink beer, I don't buy it either and the best they could hope for from me is bargain basement brand nuts, if that. Besides, The Hound said he didn't need anymore sitting on the pole barking at him..

07-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Jeff ...it's lonely up on that pole agitating Doggies...but somebody has to do it!

Regards!
07-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I would guess the "holy terror" is that innocent looking little thing wearing the Life shirt. The more innocent they look the badder they are.

07-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I would guess the "holy terror" is that innocent looking little thing wearing the Life shirt. The more innocent they look the badder they are.

Yeah, it's not to hard to figure it out...the quiet shy types...they can do the most damage!

Regards!
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My vote is for the young lass on the right.At least she isn't giving the "high sign" like the young uns in my part of the viewing area do.--charliezap

07-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

The amazing thing, at least to me, the teachers always said the "holy terrors" at home are the good kids at school. My "holy terror" always got excellent conduct grades.
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You guys are right......
Charlie, her mom would smack her butt offif she gave the bird to anyone. These two kids are well disciplined and well mannered...but that youngest one is like a wild horse, just waiting to break free !

I love to play...crop ...antique...whatever, just to see the possibilities......and there are so many!

Regards!

Done in PhotoScape, a free program that can provide hours of entertainment as well as some worthy results if you get serious.
There must have been a hundred or more one click options for this shot......the hard thing is deciding which you like best.....
[IMG] [/IMG]
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Rupert, thanks for the heads up on PhotoScape, I will take a look. Both of these are "Texas Gals" and will grow up mannered, knowledgeable and with an inner beauty their Mom will be proud of. thanks for sharing. Tell Otis to behave for at least a day or so. Bob
07-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bob...if you are one that loves to play....crop.....process in varying ways etc, you will love PhotoScape. It is just so easy to use, is simple yet sophisticated enough to deliver great results if so desired.

The combinations of what you can do, and do quickly are almost endless....and unbelievably..it is Free!

Here is one I did using a film setting......just for fun! ....and, I kind of like it!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

Here is the original these came from......it was crop itself. I do have habitual "croppers disease".....always have had this since those pixels started multiplying a few years ago.
[IMG] [/IMG]
07-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Very interesting info here and beautiful little girls you have. I Especially like the black and white image. Brings to mind the movie "Fire Starter". I can imagine her setting building on fire with those eyes.
07-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Rupert - come'on at that age they are all Angles
« Yoghurt | squirls »