Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My better half
Posted By: Jonas B, 12-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Topic "stolen" from several other places, not a new idea at all this.
The idea is that the shy people around can post not a self portrait, but a picture of our beloved ones. A partner through life comes to mind, a boy- or girlfriend, the one we look up to, best friend. heck, even your dog or cat may do if that applies.

I can start with this one:

©Jonas B 2006, Elisabeth, November 2006

The picture is taken from my final thread at DPR, Autumn PLOG 2006:
PLOG - Autumn 2006 - Starts here: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

It's not a flattering picture, and it doesn't exactly follow the rules. But it is my picture of E, and the way i remember her as of November this year. Many of my pictures are sorted into projects folders (projects). One of my projects is "Elisabeth Monthly".

Comments, or reflections, are welcome. It may very well be an interactive thread, sort of. Any takers?

Last edited by Jonas B; 01-03-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Views: 9,381
12-21-2006, 03:37 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, being single, and not having a significant other at the moment, I'll post one of my constant companion, Harry.

-Alan

12-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #32

My Muse, my wife.
12-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #33
Inactive Account

If Ed doesn't have one of Tracy I do (Well one of her back anyway)

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
If Ed doesn't have one of Tracy I do (Well one of her back anyway)

Good Shooting.
Hi David!

It took me a bit to figure out that you were thinking photodad (Ed) is my Photo_dad. Not the case. Sorry.

But about that picture you have... I've been waiting for the one Brendon took of all of us together to show up somewhere and it hasn't. Thank goodness I got the camera up in front of my face in time! HA!

12-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
All that is okey Ed, but what we all want is you to give us photo_mom now. Then we know we'll get you in return, right?

In the meanwhile I give you another one from the archives, again Elisabeth as she has been my better half for a long time.

Let's see what JCSullivan can make out of it

regards,
Hi Jonas!

I really, REALLY like this one. Great photo! I liked your first one in this thread as well.

Ed lives on the opposite coast from me. I'm not sure if you were asking for a picture of his photomom, but it's not me!

I stay behind the camera as much as possible. When I get in front, I do my best to make it so that you can't see me. Was it you that posted that picture of the vanishing woman in the garden last year? That's what I try to do!
12-21-2006, 10:16 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Well, being single, and not having a significant other at the moment, I'll post one of my constant companion, Harry.

-Alan
Hi Alan!

How did this one fare in the photo contest? Have you heard yet? I think it's an awesome photo!
12-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Hej Jonas

I see what you are after. Let me add one of my better half and the result hanging from her neck. This may not be the most flattering photo but to me shows the closeness we have in our small family. Living as far away from our extended families as we do, our own little family means a lot.

Cheers

Eddie
Hi Eddie!

This is a lovely photo with a lot of feeling inheirent in it. Excellent and I'm sure it's one that will be treasured for a long time!

12-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #38
Veteran Member

I really have got to figure out how to make that 'multiple reply' button work without doing a lot of cut and paste actions.

Nightwatch: That's a very happy picture. I can see why she's your muse!

Pat: Both of those photos are fantastic. But your daughter's eyes are just gorgeous. I would love to be able to take a photo like that! Very well done.

David: That is one proud Grandmama and with every right. Another picture that I'm sure you will be keeping close by at all times.

Roetnarre: You're right, you're mom does look very young and happy! Lovely picture.

Doggydude: That's a classic. Oh the look on the dog's face - this is my spot and you're not getting it! The photo is one to warm your heart on a cold winter night.

Scott: That's another fantastic capture of your son and your wife. Was this before your daughter came along or is she just out of the frame? I really like the skin tones in this one. Your son's skin looks almost transluscent and your wife's face just glows!

Sean: I really liked this one when you posted it after your trip. It's not lost any of it's appeal! The sense of play and simple enjoyment that he is getting from the corrider/mirror is very evident and inspiring!

With all these wonderful 'other half' pictures, I'd love to show one of my Photo_dad, but then you'd probably be without me for quite sometime if he found out. I posted one once on DPR and got severely chastised for doing so. Sorry!
12-22-2006, 03:53 AM   #39
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi David!

It took me a bit to figure out that you were thinking photodad (Ed) is my Photo_dad. Not the case. Sorry.

But about that picture you have... I've been waiting for the one Brendon took of all of us together to show up somewhere and it hasn't. Thank goodness I got the camera up in front of my face in time! HA!
Tracy,
I am so embarrassed and to find out I was assuming again in this case I thought you had really gotten Photo_Dad to start posting. (You need to work on this ) and by the way It's a shame the picture Brendan has of you has the camera in your face (You need to stop feeling like that) Any way I will stop assuming and pay more attention to profile locations in the future.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and a very happy new year.
the wife and I are going to Longwood Gardens right after Christmas and I hope to Meet Sean there if he can make it. I just don't know what day yet. I'm looking forward to the new year and some good photo shoots where everyone can get together for the fun and relaxation we all enjoy.

Good Shooting.
12-22-2006, 05:38 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for the compliment. The entry deadline is the end of next month, and judging is in February. I'm not sure when they will announce the winners. I be sure to let everyone know.

Wishing you and yours a very wonderful holiday.
-Alan
12-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #41
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Jonas!

I really, REALLY like this one. Great photo! I liked your first one in this thread as well.
Thank you. I don't often get CAPS for my picutres!
Ed lives on the opposite coast from me. I'm not sure if you were asking for a picture of his photomom, but it's not me!
Now I feel stupid. But wth, we have a photo_mom and then there pops in a photo_dad telling us he got a DL from his wife. I was a little puzzled by this but I never looked closer at it. Well, I guess Ed haven't met you, and chances he got some pictures of you are slim... Now I also learned that Photo_tramp is David, roentarre is James as and I bet Nightwatch is somebody else as well. Oh well.
I stay behind the camera as much as possible. When I get in front, I do my best to make it so that you can't see me. Was it you that posted that picture of the vanishing woman in the garden last year? That's what I try to do!
And with some success!

all the best,
12-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I really have got to figure out how to make that 'multiple reply' button work without doing a lot of cut and paste actions.

Pat: Both of those photos are fantastic. But your daughter's eyes are just gorgeous. I would love to be able to take a photo like that! Very well done.

With all these wonderful 'other half' pictures, I'd love to show one of my Photo_dad, but then you'd probably be without me for quite sometime if he found out. I posted one once on DPR and got severely chastised for doing so. Sorry!

Thanks Tracy. If I remeber correctly you asked about reflectors at one time and how to use them. This was litteraly me fooling around with one and a Sigma 500 flash. Thanks again and my litle family wish you and yours the best.
12-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My better half and best friend.............

for the past fifty+ years

12-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #44
Veteran Member

That is a great photo of your wife. I doubt I will live long enough to have been married 50 + years. Congratulations.

Ask her if she will allow you to take some shots of her needlepoint or embroidery, that would be very interesting.
12-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #45
Forum Member

Jonas, you're obviously very much healthy, alive & kicking here in Pentax Forums (your image is testament as usual). A gritty image, strong personality, full of thought & provoking reaction.
Have a great Xmas
Stomie