Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My better half
Posted By: Jonas B, 12-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Topic "stolen" from several other places, not a new idea at all this.
The idea is that the shy people around can post not a self portrait, but a picture of our beloved ones. A partner through life comes to mind, a boy- or girlfriend, the one we look up to, best friend. heck, even your dog or cat may do if that applies.

I can start with this one:

©Jonas B 2006, Elisabeth, November 2006

The picture is taken from my final thread at DPR, Autumn PLOG 2006:
PLOG - Autumn 2006 - Starts here: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

It's not a flattering picture, and it doesn't exactly follow the rules. But it is my picture of E, and the way i remember her as of November this year. Many of my pictures are sorted into projects folders (projects). One of my projects is "Elisabeth Monthly".

Comments, or reflections, are welcome. It may very well be an interactive thread, sort of. Any takers?

Last edited by Jonas B; 01-03-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Views: 8,588
01-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #61
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LuzArt Quote
Interesting thread, well done to Jonas.
Ahoy Ben, and thank you.

Yes, I remember having seen these portraits earlier. That by itself means I like them - there are a great many pictures I don't remember over time (not to mention those I wish I never had seen).
Your pictures here are all showing a relaxed and satisfied victim. They all tell me there is some relation between the photog and the subject (ok, we are in a "My better half" - thread but it shows very well anyway!). My favourite is the first one, probably thanks to being close and still relaxed. Here we can talk about breaking rules, but it works wonder. And who cannot love that smile?

Cheers! to many more to follow!

01-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #62
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hmm... Girls only? Strange!