Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Missions of San Antonio
Lens: 18-250 Camera: K-10 Photo Location: San Antonio, Texas 
Posted By: Sailor'sOtherKid, 07-30-2011, 08:02 PM

These photos were taken in San Antonio last weekend at various missions. While the Alamo is the most famous, the others are beautiful and rich with history. I'm not a native Texan, so my trip was a great history lesson as well as an opportunity to take some pictures (I think I took about 500 and got 10 good ones ).

The first is of a statue just outside the chapel at Mission San Juan. The second, third, and fourth shots are from Mission Conception (two at sunset and one - the statue - at about noon). The last two photos were taken at Mission San Jose.

Attached Images

Views: 1,778
07-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have visited the San Antonio area many times, the Mission Trail is a wonderful area to visit with so much history. Very nice series, especially like the Mission Conception at sunset photo. thanks for posting Bob
07-31-2011, 05:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
We have visited the San Antonio area many times, the Mission Trail is a wonderful area to visit with so much history. Very nice series, especially like the Mission Conception at sunset photo. thanks for posting Bob
Thanks, Bob! I had read about the missions prior to our trip (I taught 4th grade for two years and our social studies curriculum is essentially Texas history), so it was neat to see it all in "real life."
07-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots KID of a famous place. I love San Antonio. The board walk is really cool at night. JIM

07-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Great shots KID of a famous place. I love San Antonio. The board walk is really cool at night. JIM
Thanks, Jim. I really like it there, as well. I hope someday to live near the area. I really enjoyed running the River Walk in the early morning!