Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Oh give me a home ....
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Elk Island ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: daacon, 08-01-2011, 05:01 AM

Where the Buffalo roam ........( I know another Bison shot what can I say I only got 30 or 40 left )

Last edited by daacon; 08-01-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Views: 1,230
08-01-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot, buddy - all we see around here are long-horn steers. I expect you're enjoying your new camera?

Jer
08-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice shot dave.... this is something not seen in our 'ocean state'.... if this was in sepia tone, it could be from the 1880's..... nature as it's meant to be (at least look like)... dave m
08-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice shot, buddy - all we see around here are long-horn steers. I expect you're enjoying your new camera?
Jer
Thanks Jer - yes I remember the Steers from a Texas Visit - some of them looked pretty scrawny if I remember correctly , bu the horns are impressive. The K5 has re-ignited my passion yes. I lost some of it during the ridicuoulsy long winter , rain soacked spring and summer along with a bunch of 'stuff' that was going on. It's quite a leap from the K20D , just learning all over again - which is fun.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
nice shot dave.... this is something not seen in our 'ocean state'.... if this was in sepia tone, it could be from the 1880's..... nature as it's meant to be (at least look like)... dave m
Thanks Dave - I am close to this National Park, relatively close to the Rockies (3 - 4 hour drive) but about a 1000 miles from the nearest ocean (love the water). Can't have it all I guess (well without moving anyway which may happen in a few years) Good idea on the sepia tone !

08-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Nice one Dave, I haven't seen any green grass around here in many months. Like Sailor said...we are more likely to see Longhorns around here, and they prefer brush and cactus over lush green fields....why, I'm not sure?

This one headed off into that thick brush after I shot him. He looked pretty horny......
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
08-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Fine looking Long Horns there Rupert I know Texas is pretty dry (I have a Sister who lives in Katey) - Impressive Horns on that last one for sure.
08-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They look delicious.
08-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Dave, that is quite a herd there at your park. There are several that are keeping an eye on you, so stay in the car. This photo has great color, looks like you are getting your K-5 tuned in. thanks for the view, Bob

08-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice image Dave, I looked at the rest of them on flicker, you'r getting good use out of the K5. Sooner or later I must take a trip up there.
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice Dave! And if you run out of Bisons you can come to Germany and continue shooting!

08-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
They look delicious.
Thanks kenafein. Bison Burgers are quite Tasty ! (unless you are taking about Rupert's shot then we have to go with Rib Eyes)

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, that is quite a herd there at your park. There are several that are keeping an eye on you, so stay in the car. This photo has great color, looks like you are getting your K-5 tuned in. thanks for the view, Bob
Thanks Bob - indeed they watch us humans pretty carefully , there has been a couple of times I have been nervous , one time a bull charged me but he stopped well short of me . It was a show of agression and domminance and he won as I bolted to the car I usually have an escape route planned before I get out the car

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice image Dave, I looked at the rest of them on flicker, you'r getting good use out of the K5. Sooner or later I must take a trip up there.
Thanks Heinrich -there is quite a bit of wildlife there but it's really hit and miss for me (way more missed) on seeing them. I have always seen the Bision though.

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Very nice Dave! And if you run out of Bisons you can come to Germany and continue shooting!
Thanks volley nice shots. I would LOVE to go to Germany (Octoberfest anyone ) - but I think photographing Bisons would be pretty low on the to do list while I was there