Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Playing with a $26 Sears 50mm f/1.7
Lens: 50mm Sears Camera: Pentax K7 Photo Location: Home ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F1.7 
Posted By: speedfoos, 08-01-2011, 06:34 AM

So again, I'm still learning and my eyes might not be tuned to getting a sharp focus yet, but I like this lens so far. My monitor may need calibrating as well as the photos look a little different here at work vice at home.

Regardless, I'm a complete noob to photography as stated in my intro thread, but I'm learning. I got tired of chasing down a vacuum leak on my truck after rebuilding the motor so decided to wash my hands and face and snap a few photos.

Needless to say, I'm chuffed about the lens. A little work on the other side of the camera and I think this will turn out to be a good little shooter. Shot in RAW and I ran these through Lightshop afterwards as I'm not good enough with the camera to do it all on the fly.

My lens (photo from the Ebay auction). $26 + $6.90 shipping. Not bad.

And the shots.

Views: 1,979
08-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lookin' good to me! The lens is fine, you might work a little on your focus, but otherwise a great deal on a fast lens.
Sears had very high standards for their lenses, often they would require more than than the Mfr put in his best name brand product. My Dan was an executive with Sears for 30 years......they sold good merchandise and when you see a Sears lens, it is usually a good one and a good price.
Best Regards! ....there is a lot to learn, but you will get there, just keep learning, we never stop learning!
08-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks! I'm definitely learning a lot, and you're spot on about the focus. First time with a manual lens in a very long time.
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Took a few more today.

MOOOOOOAAAAARRRR PICCSSSS.