Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Playing with Illustrations
Posted By: regken, 11-24-2007, 05:35 PM

Using Lightroom to change the image into an illustration is fascinating. Found the abandoned mobile home this morning and thought it was worth a try. Looking for comments here, good, bad, and ugly.

Thanks,

ken

Last edited by regken; 11-29-2007 at 03:49 AM.
Views: 1,179
11-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 21,022
Hey Ken - that's a neat image. I haven't a clue how people do this sort of stuff, but after seeing this, I'm thinking I should learn.

Jer
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangor, Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,382
Original Poster
Here's the link

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Ken - that's a neat image. I haven't a clue how people do this sort of stuff, but after seeing this, I'm thinking I should learn.

Jer
Hi Jer,
Here is the link to how to do it. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips Video - Surreal Edgy Effect
Very easy. I bet It would be great on some of your sailboat shots.

Ken
11-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,628
Hi Ken, its interesting, and a novelity, but for me I think it might be an acquired taste. Of course I said that about fisheye lenses too, and now I really like my Zenitar. I think it might be a bit better if it was posterized a bit so it looks more like a comic book drawing.

NaCl(maybe it will grow on me)H2O

11-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangor, Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,382
Original Poster
posterized ?

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Ken, its interesting, and a novelity, but for me I think it might be an acquired taste. Of course I said that about fisheye lenses too, and now I really like my Zenitar. I think it might be a bit better if it was posterized a bit so it looks more like a comic book drawing.

NaCl(maybe it will grow on me)H2O
Hay Saltwater,
Mind giving me some links to posterizing? I think I'm looking for a style and at this point I'm into trying things.

Thanks,
Ken
11-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,628
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Hay Saltwater,
Mind giving me some links to posterizing? I think I'm looking for a style and at this point I'm into trying things.

Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken, don't know lightroom, but PSE has a posterize filter in the "Adjustments" filter category. It has levels from 2 (strongest) to 255.

NaCl(hope that helps)H2O
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Book Illustrations jeffkpotter Post Your Photos! 11 12-24-2008 09:46 AM
Living history day Illustrations regken Post Your Photos! 7 10-09-2008 05:15 AM
just playing around devisor Post Your Photos! 11 09-20-2008 02:10 PM
Illustrations part 2 regken Post Your Photos! 15 05-16-2008 07:38 AM
Illustrations regken Post Your Photos! 16 05-07-2008 08:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top