Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Salisbury Ma. sunset
Lens: 18-250 Camera: k5 Photo Location: Salisbury Ma. ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: charliezap, 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
I do feel a little bit neglectful when I don't get on the forum on a regular basis and keep up with my fellow Pentaxians postings.It does get addictive and a few days away from it kind of recharges the batteries so to speak.This pic was taken last Sunday at the campsite after a few cocktails around the campsite with the K5 and Picasa did a neat job of balancing the lighting that the merlot failed to do.--charliezap
Views: 1,204
08-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
beautiful sunset charlie... i can see ya kickin' back with a nice glass of vino... much deserved! dave m
08-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Beautiful photo, wonderful color. Looks like the camera is all tuned up and ready to go. Bob
08-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is that the best you can do Charlie ?? Come on ..... aside from stunning colors, well framed, golden hour shot, what have you really got there ?

08-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice!
08-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
beautiful sunset charlie... i can see ya kickin' back with a nice glass of vino... much deserved! dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Beautiful photo, wonderful color. Looks like the camera is all tuned up and ready to go. Bob
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Is that the best you can do Charlie ?? Come on ..... aside from stunning colors, well framed, golden hour shot, what have you really got there ?
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Very nice!
Thanks guys.The k5 camera is a real pleasure to use.The k20 holds its own up to a certain point then the k5 just pulls away especially with its high ISO capabilities.--charliezap
08-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This is beautiful Charlie. I am drawn into the colours and into the scene, I just love the way the sun shimmers off the water. I really like the wood structure in the foreground. I see it as the intersection between culture and nature and it makes this sunset special. Lovely job. thanks for sharing.
08-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great job, Capn - I'm surprised how much this image looks like those I've shot around here in our coastal plain over the years. I don't recall ever visiting Salisbury, even though we'd run up from Watertown frequently to explore the North Shoah.

Jer

08-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
This is beautiful Charlie. I am drawn into the colours and into the scene, I just love the way the sun shimmers off the water. I really like the wood structure in the foreground. I see it as the intersection between culture and nature and it makes this sunset special. Lovely job. thanks for sharing.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great job, Capn - I'm surprised how much this image looks like those I've shot around here in our coastal plain over the years. I don't recall ever visiting Salisbury, even though we'd run up from Watertown frequently to explore the North Shoah.

Jer
When the tide is up the scene takes on a totally different look that may or may not be as pleasing as the low tide shot.--capn zap
08-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very nice sunset. You were lucky to be there!
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by miss_alexx Quote
Very nice sunset. You were lucky to be there!
The more that I think about the shot I'm thinking that I may have used my Vivitar flash at the lowest setting possible just to give a little boost to the wooden structure in the foreground.--charliezap
08-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Love it just the way it is Charlie. I often just use the on-board flash (diffused) to bring out foreground objects a touch, but this one honestly doesn't need it IMO.