Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Soccer - PSV Otten cup tournament (U18)
Lens: DA* 300 F4 & Sigma 70-200 F2.8 Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Eindhoven - The Netherlands 
Posted By: andre-mz5, 08-08-2011, 07:39 AM

At the start of the season an international U-18 tournament is organised by PSV Eindhoven. Teams from clubs playing at the highest level take part and these youngsters hope that one day they will play in the big team. This year we saw besides PSV o.a. teams from Ajax Amsterdam, Barcelona, Borussia Mönchengladbach and RSC Anderlecht.
Here some pictures from the play for 3rd/4th place between Ajax & Borussia Mönchengladbach, final score 0-1. These are all done with the DA* 300 F4

4 - the only and thus winning goal

These are a few shots from the final PSV - Barcelona, final score 0-1. Taken with the Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM II

Hope you like them.
Views: 1,953
08-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Action shots

I know a man here in the cities who actually asked me to help him find a fast "zoom" that would allow fast close ups and distance shots. He uses Canon so his problem was the high cost of Canon lenses. His budget was about the cost of this lens. I tried to explain that a zoom would not be a fast enough lens. I tried to tell him a a good, not the best, 300mm prime would fit his needs nicely. There are faster 300 lenses than your f4 but you have Wonderful results. Shows again that it is not the expense of the equipment that creates a great photo. Great shooting.!!