Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
When it rains it pours
Lens: Pentax 18-250 Camera: k5 Photo Location: Saugus Ma ISO: 400 
Posted By: charliezap, 08-08-2011, 01:12 PM

I'm not complaining about the rain when I know what Jer and Rupert are dealing with in their neck of the woods in Texas.Right now I have 3 1/2" in the rain gage since midnight Sat with more pop up storms in the forecast.Even with the rain most of the day on Sunday it was pretty with all the green surroundings.--charliezapName:  011-1.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  170.3 KB
Name:  021-1.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  62.4 KB
Name:  003-1a.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  210.6 KB
Name:  015-crp1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  136.5 KB
This shot is with the pastel filter effect which I believe blends with the rain scenario.--charliezap

Views: 1,447
08-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Charlie I can relate soooooo relate to that rain. Very lush grass - nice to see the filters as well.
08-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lots of shades of green in the photos and it looks like it is pouring pretty good. When you are up to your knees in snow, those Texans may be smiling at you. Nice effect on the last photo. Bob
08-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That rain has certainly done your lawn and garden good from the look of things!

08-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Lots of shades of green in the photos and it looks like it is pouring pretty good. When you are up to your knees in snow, those Texans may be smiling at you. Nice effect on the last photo. Bob
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
That rain has certainly done your lawn and garden good from the look of things!
Last July-August we had the property completely redone outside.Every blade of grass- shrubs--trees-- walls --walkway--deck--driveway--irrigation system-- is all new.We moved to this present location just after the "blizzard of 78" and haven't done anything major until now.My wife loves to spend.--charliezap
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

AAAAAhhhhhh - that rain looks good, Capn (although too much of - almost - anything can be boring). You've got a beautiful, lush piece of property there, my friend - enjoy!

Jer
08-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
AAAAAhhhhhh - that rain looks good, Capn (although too much of - almost - anything can be boring). You've got a beautiful, lush piece of property there, my friend - enjoy!

Jer
Right now Jer it's 80 deg and sunny but the clouds are moving in and more rain is on tap for tonight and Wednesday.--charliezap

08-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

how green is your valley charlie !! beautiful lawn.... still can't mow mine yet... every time i get out there... it rains again !!! at least your neighbors debris doesn't accumulate in front of your house like mine.... i live at the bottom of a hill.... only thing i don't get is loose change..... dave m
08-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I'm drooling........

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Nice series...but RAIN? Sorry, but have forgotten what that is. Last time I saw rain, I was in Maine. IN JUNE!

Yep, sweltering down here now...today is something like 37 days in a row over 100! I've lost count.....

Thanks Charlie....at least you've proved to me that it does still rain....somewhere.

Post some more....
08-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Charlie, I can almost smell that rain.....but I look outside and only see dead vegetation, dust and bright sunshine, and 110F.
They say it may be late October before we get any relief. By then only the Squirrels will still be alive....and each one will have a huge beer belly.
Regards!
08-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
how green is your valley charlie !! beautiful lawn.... still can't mow mine yet... every time i get out there... it rains again !!! at least your neighbors debris doesn't accumulate in front of your house like mine.... i live at the bottom of a hill.... only thing i don't get is loose change..... dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
Nice series...but RAIN? Sorry, but have forgotten what that is. Last time I saw rain, I was in Maine. IN JUNE!

Yep, sweltering down here now...today is something like 37 days in a row over 100! I've lost count.....

Thanks Charlie....at least you've proved to me that it does still rain....somewhere.

Post some more....
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Charlie, I can almost smell that rain.....but I look outside and only see dead vegetation, dust and bright sunshine, and 110F.
They say it may be late October before we get any relief. By then only the Squirrels will still be alive....and each one will have a huge beer belly.
Regards!
Saturday-Sunday I got 3.5 " of rain.Last night 2.6 fell. That's over 6" so far and today a scattered shower is in the forecast but Thursday and Friday are going to be warm and sunny with clouds increasing Saturday with rain for Sunday.At least I'm saving money on my irrigation system.--charliezap