Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Airshow
Lens: 18-135 and 55-300 Camera: K5 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM

A few weeks ago there was an airshow here in Airdrie and we had an invite to watch it from a friends place who has an acerage about a mile from the airfield. Our grandson wanted to see the static display, so in the morning I took him to the airfield and of course took a few pictures. I had never been to an airshow before, never mind photograph one so these pictures might not be up to "airshow" quality.

















If anyone is interested the rest of them are here:
Airdrie Airshow 2011 Photo Gallery by Heinrich Lohmann at pbase.com

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 1,984
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian
SpecialK's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,508
Those are mighty fine shots. I like the gold F-86 Sabre.
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ferguson, Mo.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
Very nice Heinrich,sure didnt take long for you to 'catch on' to air shows.
DeHavilland beaver in #2,could swear I heard angels singing when I looked.
J-3's are nice,but THAT's an airplane.
08-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
This is a moment your grandson will never forget and he was able to share it with his grandfather, great shots. Bob

08-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,265
Very nice sharp and colourful aircraft images Heinrich.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
08-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
RobG's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,159
Nice shots - and lovely weather! That's one lucky hawk in the second last shot (although I'm sure the lens foreshortens the apparent distance).
08-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dcmsox2004's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: rhode island
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,430
thanks for the aviation heavy metal fix.... love these vintage aircraft..... dave m
08-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,201
With these shots, you're flying high, Heinrich. Super job - each is well composed, exposed and crystal clear.

Jer

08-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Going to stop calling you Macro Man - excellent shots. Being an Air Force Brat I have seen many airshows and these shots are a great representation.
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Jodokast96's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Erial, NJ USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,134
Damn Bug or not, someone should be shot for the paint job on that Hornet.
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
Senior Member
Lex Madera's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia, Austria, Ukraine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 188
Canada has an air force?! J/k

Excellent shots! very rich color.
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,731
Great shots Bob - we have an airshow soming up in Sept here....
08-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Those are mighty fine shots. I like the gold F-86 Sabre.
Thank you, it's one of mine as well.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Very nice Heinrich,sure didnt take long for you to 'catch on' to air shows.
DeHavilland beaver in #2,could swear I heard angels singing when I looked.
J-3's are nice,but THAT's an airplane.
Thanks Bill, living in the Yukon for many years if flew in every small plane imaginable but never in a Beaver, even so that there were a number of them flying.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
This is a moment your grandson will never forget and he was able to share it with his grandfather, great shots. Bob
Thanks Bob, he is 12 years old and interested in just about anything but still insists that he is going to be a palaeontologist.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Very nice sharp and colourful aircraft images Heinrich.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
Thank you Ash for the kind words and you are welcome.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Nice shots - and lovely weather! That's one lucky hawk in the second last shot (although I'm sure the lens foreshortens the apparent distance).
Thank you Bob, there were a number of hawks in the air and they didn't seem to be bothered by the air traffic.

Take care,
08-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
thanks for the aviation heavy metal fix.... love these vintage aircraft..... dave m
Thank you dave and you are welcome.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
With these shots, you're flying high, Heinrich. Super job - each is well composed, exposed and crystal clear.

Jer
Thank you my friend, one can only try.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Going to stop calling you Macro Man - excellent shots. Being an Air Force Brat I have seen many airshows and these shots are a great representation.
Hi Dave and thank you for the kind words.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Damn Bug or not, someone should be shot for the paint job on that Hornet.
Couln't figure that one out neither, who flies it?

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Lex Madera Quote
Canada has an air force?! J/k

Excellent shots! very rich color.
Have had one for a year or two, unfotumately didn't get any pictures of the F18eens.
Thank you and take care,
08-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,215
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Great shots Bob - we have an airshow soming up in Sept here....
Thank you and do take care,
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
airdrie, airshow, camera, photo, pictures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Warbird Airshow ivoire Post Your Photos! 9 03-19-2011 07:37 AM
Machinery Australian International Airshow RobG Post Your Photos! 9 03-07-2011 06:32 AM
K-7 at an airshow fulcrumx29 Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 09-21-2009 09:31 PM
SW Florida Airshow MBrannon Post Your Photos! 17 03-27-2009 01:19 PM
Nostalgia - airshow georgecape Post Your Photos! 7 09-22-2008 02:31 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top