Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I Moved a Steer....
Camera: K20D Photo Location: Texas 
Posted By: Rupert, 08-09-2011, 09:17 AM

I needed to move this Longhorn from here to about 600 miles SWest....so I used Photoshop to save time.
It is my first effort at using masking to move something, so don't laugh too hard.....it will hurt Otis' feelings since he did all the herding of this big fellow and I just did what Otis told me to do....

Here was where he was locally...
[IMG] [/IMG]

And here is where Otis wanted to move him....claimed he was eating too much around here....
[IMG] [/IMG]

He doesn't look too happy about the move. Otis had promised him green pastures horn deep........you know Otis.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

It was a fun move, maybe I will learn something more about masking and layers if I play long enough?
Best Regards!
Views: 971
08-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
looks pretty good to me, but seems like a lot of work, when i need to move an animal i just send blu, he's a regular whirling dirvish

All joking aside good Job Rupert, I'm hopeless at this newfangled electronics darkroom stuff, i need a smart squirrel to help i guess
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey, great job Rupert, looks great. Soon you will be moving mountains. Bob
08-09-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Impressive well done Rupert - I can soon envison shots of Otis swiming with the sharks

08-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks guys, just for fun I printed it on Matte paper 8x10 and damn if it s doesn't look pretty good! The colors seem to pop very nicely.
I gave it to Otis to hang in his new Squirrel Castle he is building......he framed it and added a caption....
"I'm Otis, Don't Give Me Any Bull!"

Just having fun, as usual! Not much else to do here but watch the thermometer rise.....it is a little cooler today only 104F....so far.

Just for reference, that pasture was near Big Bend and it was a gorgeous view, still and so quiet you could hear a pin drop...not a person or house within 50 miles, just a few cows way out there. Wish I was there now.......

Best Regards!