Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

More Cars
Posted By: Sailor, 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM

I'm currently about three months into one of my periodic lapses of photographic zeal, so about 90% of the shots I've taken since mid May were over the three days we visited our daughter and son-in-law in Palo Alto in late June - during which I had a ball shooting fantastic automobiles at the city's annual Concours D'elegance. I've already posted (too many) photos from the event (I love cars), but in order to continue to be active on this section of the forum with no recent shots to contribute, I'll post three more - these are the last, I promise!

Jer

Here's an American Motors AMX - basically a cut-down Javelin with only two seats. I don't know much about AMC performance cars (indeed, the concept seems oxymoronic), but I think these had a 390 C.I. mill. I doubt that I've seen a half a dozen of these cars in my life:

I'm sure I've seen a Lotus Europa in the past, but this is the first I can recall gazing upon in the flesh:

Mafia row - a bunch of hoods. I coveted a Datsun 240Z (along with a number of other sports cars) in my grad school days, and I could probably have come up with the tariff by pinching pennies (we are pay cash or do without types), but we simply needed a car with at least a semblance of a back seat. Anyway, it was fun to look at some pristine examples of a car that I loved back in the day:

Views: 1,950
08-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Judd Quote
Love 'em all, especially the 240's. I've never been one for Asian Iron, but the 240Z's are the school of cool!
Thanks much. The 240Z certainly made a splash in the enthusiast world when it hit the show rooms.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Judd Quote
Cool - it looks suspiciously similar in many respects to the Bonneville I saw and photographed last week!
It could be a Bonny - if I remember (I'm too lazy to research) the Bonneville was the high-end big Ponch while the Catalina was basically the same car with less spectacular trim. Either way, looks like ole Dave was ridin' in style.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
love these shots jer... that amx was amc's answer to the muscle car race.... not to take for granted... had some real grunt to it..... dave m
I appreciate the kind words, Dave. And I think you're right - AMC was known for practical cars, but I remember the 390 cars were pretty hot rockets.

Jer