Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

First Flight
Posted By: Bob Harris, 08-09-2011, 05:26 PM

The young dove were fed heavily in the late morning by both parents and left alone all day. As it started to darken, both parents came back to the area and started cooing to the babies. You could see a sudden look and behavior of the young birds and suddenly they jumped up to the first branch, flew up to a higher branch about 3 foot up and continuously watched their parents who flew to the next tree over. With that move the young dove made their first flight into the adjoining tree and followed their parents across the road. It has been a joy and privilege watching these young birds grow and leave the nest. Hope you enjoyed the series of threads. thanks Bob

Attached Images

Views: 2,828
08-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Lovely story Bob .. and a happy ending.

Dave - lucky you, freedom PLUS access ! Our daughter lives in London now (we are in Shanghai) but thanks to Skype and a couple of her 4-6 week holidays each year we're able to chat every day and still see her a lot.
Thanks Kevin for the kind words, a lot of times our Internet connections are very slow as we travel, but I may give Skype a try, it would be great to see our kids/grand kids more often. Bob

08-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nicely done Bob.It's just like being there.--charliezap
thanks Charlie, I appreciate the comment and at least you don't have to put up with the 100 f desert heat. Bob
08-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Bob , Frogfish - I am just there - one just moved out (not even a month yet), about 30 minutes away, the other is in her last year of University and told us she is thinking of living near campus in September. While it's great to see them grow , and flex their independence I have no illusions of 'no christmass presents' or the 'borrowing' of a few dollars from time to time , but still the final flight is in sight so to speak.
Dave, I think you have the best of both worlds here and I found out that it is best not to lend to our children, it just causes a certain friction. Anymore we just give them what we think is fair to help out and everyone seems to get along better
08-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

It has been a great series, and I have enjoyed it very much. Can you continue with the new occupants?
My two sons left the nest, flew well, and have never asked for a dime.....I feel blessed! However....they both had two sons.........grandsons don't mind asking at all!
Best Regards!

08-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
It has been a great series, and I have enjoyed it very much. Can you continue with the new occupants?
My two sons left the nest, flew well, and have never asked for a dime.....I feel blessed! However....they both had two sons.........grandsons don't mind asking at all!
Best Regards!
Thanks Rupert for the great comment, glad you enjoyed the series. It has been 2 weeks since the eggs were laid, so either today or tomorrow they should hatch. I would love to get a photo of them breaking through the egg shell, but that would be a lucky shot. Love those grand kids, they sure are fun and you are right about asking for things and asking lots of questions that I don't know the answers to. Take care, Bob