Hello!

And how about it?

Any word is welcome!

Views: 1,412
08-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great subject and overall a very nice rendering. Just wants a bit more foreground impact -- the colors of the water and the dappled reflection of the tower aren't quite interesting enough to justify this large area of foreground. But it's needed to balance the composition (it would be quite mundane as a tight crop). If you could try again when the water's perfectly calm ...
08-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The contrast is overdone for my taste, and the positionning of the subject feels a little bit off-balance.

Strange to see someone posting with Nikon gear on a Pentax forum...
08-11-2011, 05:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i quite like it . I love the sky only suggestion would be to not have the frame split down the middle, maybe less water more sky.

08-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like the color, contrast and slight vignetting. I also agree that it would be an improvement to have the water more calm and smooth and the tower closer to the top, right corner. Your image is interesting to me but the things I mention might make it more interesting with regards to my tastes.
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks a lot for your time and all of your advice...

@ baro-nite - unfortunately it was a short trip to Switzerland, and all the time there was a light wind, hence there was no hope for a calm water.

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
The contrast is overdone for my taste, and the positionning of the subject feels a little bit off-balance.
Well, Ive got a different opinion - for me all the weights in the frame are nicely balanced. But I care about other opinions.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
suggestion would be to not have the frame split down the middle, maybe less water more sky.
Well, I liked the sky and liked the water! I have a couple of shots from that place, but somehow I liked that the most, mayby because there is a lot of sky and a lot of water!

@Nowhere Matt - thanks for your advice. I'll try to crop this frame in a few days...

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Strange to see someone posting with Nikon gear on a Pentax forum...
I use to work digital on Nikon, but maybe this view of my Pentax shelf allows me to post my pictures here (sorry for the poor photo from the mobile, better ones are in my Album) .

08-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
Pentaxian

That's a lot of pentaxes.

I too find the shot to be a little unbalanced... but, it's still a great shot. In my imagined view of the scene, I'm not sure what you could have done to improve it, unless you had a boat and could change you point of view. I'd love it if the mountains rose above the building on the right. If I painted it that's the way it would be... again, I'm not sure that could be done with a photo.

08-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i think this is a great shot, the water is fine the way it is as far as I can see, maybe crop a little off of the bottom to balance, but I would be proud to have a photo turn out this well. thanks, I enjoyed the view. Bob