Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Sharpness is a Bourgeois Concept...
Posted By: Rense, 08-13-2011, 08:58 AM

... according to Henri Cartier-Bresson, who is called the most bourgeois photographer ever by some. Probably this quote dominated the minds of the developersfrom the Peoples Republic of China who made the Holga camera and lens. Probably afraid to be shot if they would have the guts to develop a bourgeois sharp camera. At least that is not what the Holga 60mm F8 is, bourgeois. 12 Euros, plastic through and through (even the glass ), and sharp: like a wooden door, my father would say...

So, here are my first proletarian photos, made in the streets (where else?), with the Holga 60mm F8 for Pentax.

Last edited by Rense; 08-13-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Views: 3,010
08-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow 12 Euros - well sir thanks for sharing that and those are some fine street shots regradless of price.

08-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
Forum Member

Hi all, thanks for the input. I have been looking at the Holga but not sure it really delivers re lens flare. Had a practice with my smc m 50mm today, managed a bit of flare but nothing to get me nursing a semi.

Currently bidding on a tokina 28mm in he hope of FLARE!!

It would be useful if anyone could post a flare pic, then say which lens they used. Atm people are either posting pics or suggesting lenses but no connection!

Keep em coming!

Thanks

Paul aka the flare-monger