Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My favorite camera-lens testing area
Lens: 55-300 Pentax Camera: k5 Photo Location: RTE1 Saugus ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: charliezap, 08-13-2011, 06:06 PM

[IMG][/IMG]
2 pics stitched at 300mm

The bridge over RTE 1 in Saugus is one of my favorite places to try out new equipment because it has a plethora of detailed items that you can check out IQ and other features of your gear.Today was a two fold excursion--trying out the stitching-- and seeing how the K5 and 55-300mm perform together.Both shots were taken from the same spot on the bridge.The first is 2 pics at 300mm and the 2nd at 55mm with 4 pics stitched.I'm done for the day---Go RED SOX--charliezap
Name:  wideshot-1rs.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  60.8 KB
4 shots at 55mm

Views: 1,526
08-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charlie, looks like you got the handle on panoramas, what is next, underwater photography. Bob
08-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Charlie, looks like you got the handle on panoramas, what is next, underwater photography. Bob
My disguised alien friends are going to take me for a ride in their spacecraft and I should have some great photos of the earth from above and of course very close ups of other celestial objects.How soon do you think after posting those shots would I get a visit from someone in the NSA?--charliezap
08-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice scenes too. Reminiscent of how I recall the wide open spaces of country USA.

08-14-2011, 05:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like a winner - and if you report your abduction from you alien friends , I would not tell NASA as you will never be heard from again ,especially with some K5 pictures as proof
08-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Nice scenes too. Reminiscent of how I recall the wide open spaces of country USA.
You would never know that all this activity is only a half mile from my home in the woods and GE is only 4 miles away.I could never live where it's more than 3 minutes from the package store.--charliezap
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Looks like a winner - and if you report your abduction from you alien friends , I would not tell NASA as you will never be heard from again ,especially with some K5 pictures as proof
Once the Government spooks show up and take me away for questioning I guess that I'll be history but my inplanted dimensional retriever chip is for getting me out of situations like that. Sort of a "Get out of jail free card"--charliezap