Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Mountainscapes from South Africa
Lens: 16 - 50 and 100 - 300 (sigma) Camera: K10D Photo Location: Drakensberg, South Africa 
Posted By: ddekadt, 08-14-2011, 12:22 PM

Recently spent two days in the Drakensberg, South Africa. Some interesting light on both days. Any C&C always welcome and appreciated!

16 - 50

100 - 300

Thanks for looking!
Views: 966
08-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just read a artical on photgraphing in South Africa and then your images pop up. Well done. Really like #3 and 4. JIM
08-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#1 I love vertical wide angle shots like this. But I don't think the color is really helping. I'd like to see this one in B&W, probably de-emphasizing blue in channel mixer, to bring up the rocks and vegetation.

#2 My favorite of the series. Beautiful subtle palette and semi-abstract composition. Might even try desaturating it a touch.

#3 Very dramatic. The cloud gives the right touch of mystery, although unfortunately it's not a very interesting cloud.

#4 Feels in between focal lengths to me. I want to see either more or less of the scene.

#5 My second favorite. Love the light; great sense of depth.