Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another Day in Paradise....
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 08-17-2011, 08:11 AM

How boring! This is what Squirrel Heaven must be like.......good food, plenty of corn, sunflower seeds, exotic nuts, fresh fruit.....shade trees and Cold Beer. An open door at Sylvia Squirrels "House of Worldly Pleasures and Pool Tables" , and not a tax or fee in sight! Naked Girly Squirrels roaming the woods, and a paycheck from Otis' Army every Friday.......

Where did we go wrong.......being born human?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
Views: 1,470
08-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think he is getting fat and lazy. (hope he and his army can't swim!)
Rupert, at what distance was this shot taken, and was there any cropping involved?
08-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
How boring! This is what Squirrel Heaven must be like.......good food, plenty of corn, sunflower seeds, exotic nuts, fresh fruit.....shade trees and Cold Beer. An open door at Sylvia Squirrels "House of Worldly Pleasures and Pool Tables" , and not a tax or fee in sight! Naked Girly Squirrels roaming the woods, and a paycheck from Otis' Army every Friday.......

Where did we go wrong.......being born human?

Regards!
You certainly seem to have some of the most-relaxed neighbors-of foozley tail that I've ever seen, Rupert. I'd been mostly chalking it up to the heat, but I'm noticing a pattern of seeing them just sprawled out like that.

I dunno, though, I've often considered taking a lifetime off from this two-legs kind of gig next time around. Raising an army and opening a pool hall might defeat the purpose, though.
08-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ahh be we have opposable thumbs which allow us to do many things Oitis cannot including the ability to pay taxes and to work so that you can purchase the goods and serivces required to allow Otis to maintain his cushy lifestyle

08-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
ahh be we have opposable thumbs which allow us to do many things Oitis cannot including the ability to pay taxes and to work so that you can purchase the goods and serivces required to allow Otis to maintain his cushy lifestyle

Well, I'm pretty good with the opposable thumbs, if I do say so, but all the bookkeeping gives me fits.
08-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The first time my thumbs oppose me will be the last.
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The first time my thumbs oppose me will be the last.
I'm all thumbs - so opposition seems impossible.

Jer

08-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
I think he is getting fat and lazy. (hope he and his army can't swim!)
Rupert, at what distance was this shot taken, and was there any cropping involved?

About 25 feet away with the Bigma 50-500 1/125 F8 190mm ISO 2500. A tiny crop off the bottom edge.

Squirrels have it made around here, they have been getting the free ride for so long that they tend to think feed "just appears" like magic. Some will come up to my office window and just stare in at me if anything gets a little low on the free goodies.
Not sure I am doing the right thing, but as long as I can, I get more from it than they do. An hour of watching them around here would most likely convince anyone that it is a good idea.

Best Regards!
08-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm another hume who enjoys the squirrels.. and so is my g/f! In fact, she insists that "Mr. Squirrel" followed her the 50 miles when she moved from her old condo into my home.

Heck, I've been following your squirrels since the days of Festus over on the "other" forum...
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Talk about a dog's life---Squirrels have it made.--charliezap
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

A lack of opposable thumbs never seems to stop any animal in my acquaintance from getting things that they want. I had a cat that could open rodent cages that were built to stop anything that didn't have one. It was supposedly cat proof, but it didn't keep her out one bit.

My female cat now is amazing that way too. She recently opened up a tin of this fancy treat cat food she gets upon occasion. She went into the cupboard, rolled the can out, stuck her claws deep down into the foil lid and ripped it wide open. I was just flabbergasted watching it.

Needless to say those cans are now sealed up in something she can't open, but that was just too funny watching her go at it! I'm really hoping she doesn't learn how to open pop top cans. I'll have to lock all the cat food up if she gets to that point.
08-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, this almost sounds like a Welfare Program for squirrels instead of nuts. Bob