Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A few from Northern New Brunswick
Posted By: Peter Zack, 11-27-2007, 06:59 PM

On a recent business trip to the most northern part of Eastern New Brunswick I stopped to take a few shots. It was windy and cold as you can see from the frozen spray on the cliffs. This is in the Caraquet area. Very rural where the main industry is fishing. They can get as much as 20 feet of snow over a winter up here. The area is populated by Acadian french I wish I had more time to shoot more, darn work gets in the way of fun!

Attached Images

Views: 3,070
11-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
quaint french fishing village

, ocean seascape sorta views.

Lots of massive Catholic churches as well.

Best lobster on the East Coast!!
you had me at "quaint".

Wife and I tried to get there in an RV one year (about 18-20 hours driving from home), but had some trouble along the way and had to turn back. Really disappointed and haven't had a chance to try again. I'm going to show her those photos as inspiration to try again.

11-29-2007, 08:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Great shots, Peter. My personal favorite is the bridge. The light of that hour of the day makes it appear ominous for some strange reason. It looks like it could be the cover to some mystery novel. Agree with Chris... it would be great it you could return when the sun is evident and play around with the shadows.
11-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Peter-

I always used to view New Brunswick as a wasteland that made the trip to Nova Scotia unnecessarily long. I guess there is more to N.B. than I have seen. Beautiful shots!

To Leaf fan?!?! You admit it?
11-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Live and die with them, not feeling to snazzy right now, but they are my team for life.

Any more photos of NB Peter?

11-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #20
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Again thanks, Heinrich, LaRee, Andrew. Thanks for having a look.
11-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #21
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
you had me at "quaint".

Wife and I tried to get there in an RV one year (about 18-20 hours driving from home), but had some trouble along the way and had to turn back. Really disappointed and haven't had a chance to try again. I'm going to show her those photos as inspiration to try again.
There are some very nice areas here to visit. But if you're going to travel the north and eastern areas, you must visit eastern Quebec as well. Perce Rock and the surrounding Gaspe area is a must see.

QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Great shots, Peter. My personal favorite is the bridge. The light of that hour of the day makes it appear ominous for some strange reason. It looks like it could be the cover to some mystery novel. Agree with Chris... it would be great it you could return when the sun is evident and play around with the shadows.
I was fairly happy with that shot as well. Chris mentioned getting the sunrise/sunset light and I will have to revisit the spot at those times. The river runs east west so the light should hit this area just right during the "golden hour(s)". Funny thing is when I was standing on the rivers edge and composing the shot, I could hear a slight rustling near my feet. When I finally looked down there was an otter watching me. I'm sure wondering what the heck I was doing. When I put the camera to my eye, he was diving underwater. Got a great shot of the ripples!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
I always used to view New Brunswick as a wasteland that made the trip to Nova Scotia unnecessarily long. I guess there is more to N.B. than I have seen. Beautiful shots!

Tom, (at the risk of offending some) of the 4 Atlantic provinces, NB is my least fav photographically speaking. There are some beautiful areas like the north and eastern coasts, The Saint John river, Fundy national park and a few others. But the other provinces often over shadow NB. Maybe partly since the roads all seem to go through dense forest areas with not much to look at.

QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
Live and die with them, not feeling to snazzy right now, but they are my team for life.

Any more photos of NB Peter?
There will always be more. I didn't have much free time on this trip and since the daylight is short these days, it's a little tougher to make the time during working hours. I plan to spend a day or so with the camera at Fundy national park this spring. Excellent spot to spend some time with a camera.