Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sex Appeal?
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Rupert, 08-19-2011, 08:34 AM

Otis is posing this week for Gentleman Squirrel Monthly, and wanted to run this by you guys to see if it has enough "sex appeal"?
I told him he should ask some Girly Squirrels, but he said he sees enough "Squirrely people" here to give some good opinions........ I took that as a compliment? Anyhow, I think it is too bland and does not represent the powerful leader he is. What do you think?

Name:  IMGP6478-700.jpg
Views: 3234
Size:  355.0 KB

Best Regards!

Views: 2,662
08-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He is a very handsome squirrel and the leader of the pack.
08-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

While very handsome, Otis does not look particularly forceful in this shot. He looks needy, and what squirlette wants a needy man?
08-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Bob.....he is handsome, I can't deny.

Luftfluss.....That is my thinking too. While he doesn't look "girly" he just doesn't project the Otis we know. I'm going to try to get some more manly shots of him......maybe some action shots or some of him challenging a Raccoon to a wrestling match.
Regards!

08-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm starting to worry about you.

Squirrels, as a friend of mine often said, are nothing more than rats that live in trees.
08-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Am afraid I agree with Tom, Rupert.
Given the title of the thread, there's something blatantly wrong with this scene... even if for a joke.
08-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sure....but if you were a Squirrel, it might be more important....and Otis asks, when were you invited to be on the cover of a Magazine? Otis just chalks these kinds of comments up to pure jealousy..... and I never argue with Otis.

Regards!
BTW- Before you even go there, Otis being the publisher had nothing to do with the Editor's choice to choose Otis for the cover shot. It was based on merit alone......
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rupert it may not make the cover of SQ (Squirrel Quarterly) - it's probably good enough for a page 12 insert I am not sure he looks needy as much as focused , a littel uptight even. He needs to get back to that beer and relax a bit.

08-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Rupert it may not make the cover of SQ (Squirrel Quarterly) - it's probably good enough for a page 12 insert I am not sure he looks needy as much as focused , a littel uptight even. He needs to get back to that beer and relax a bit.
He did say he needed a drink to loosen up.......maybe several? I'll try again later. Just too damn hot to be outside during the day....108F and rising here at 3:45 PM......All the Squirrels are over at Sylvia's place cooling off....or whatever it is they do over there?
Regards!
08-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, Otis is getting so renowned that he's going to start looking at you as paparazzi!
08-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know, Rupert, I see a totally different facet of Otis in this shot. To my (jaded) eye, he appears to be giving me that shifty, side-ways look of a used-car salesman. It's almost as if he's about to say, "I'll tell you what I'm gonna do . . . . ." He doesn't work part time down at Fast Auto by any chance, does he?

Jer
08-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments guys! I will work with Otis next week to get a more "manly" look.

I try to break away from shooting Squirrels, but they are just so damn much fun I can't seem to do it no matter what. If you spent a day here watching them, you would understand better....like watching kittens play, it is highly addictive!

Best Regards!
08-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I like the shot. It's laid back, but it's nice. If I were a lady squirrel I would probably like it. You know it's rather nice sometimes to see a guy who isn't afraid to show his softer side. Too much testosterone in every pic gets old, really. I like nice guys myself. Too much male posturing can be a real turn off. I mean, you don't want him coming off looking like those macho idiots on Jersey Shore, do you?
08-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #14
Veteran Member

The lady squirrels in Woudhuis agree: nice triangular framing, Otis, well posed if that was what you wanted, to be framed triangular, only: too bad you forgot your butterfly tie. That would have made us watch closer.
08-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I think Otis needs to do some more 12oz curls to show off more muscle!!