Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Sherpa
Lens: Tamron 70-200 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Edmonton 
Posted By: daacon, 08-20-2011, 02:12 PM

My wife bless her heart has on more than one occassion always offered to be my Sherpa , carrying the Tripod or a small bag , water, snacks whatever it takes. Today I went out and she wanted to come so hey might as well take the K20D and strap on the ever versitile Sigma 17-70 and have at it She does enjoy it once in a while (although made the comment today not sure she could go on a photographic trip as too much stop and go - man she should have seen us in Utah .@ Capital Reef something to shoot every 10 feet !!)

So without further ado here is the lovely and talented Mrs. Daacon

Umm what's next ?

Views: 1,523
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mrs Daacon looks as beautiful as ever Davie. We could use a Sherpa on our trip to Banff though she may out shoot us!! Cheers bud. Now my next Honey Dew... Outside windows. [damn, I should have gone with the guy who would have done the whole place for a 100.00 bucks! ] JIMBO
08-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely Sherpa Dave! Train them right and when that bag gets heavy and the sun gets hot, they have you covered!
Regards!

Mrs Rupert , an excellent Sherpa at the start of this six mile hike up over a mountain......not so much at the end.......
08-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two lucky guys in the one Post now there's a Winner!

08-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice of you to share this experience with us Dave.
Lucky guy you are.
08-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Great shots daacon, I'm expecting a few contributions to our "photographer and photo" thread. I'd let tessfully sherpa some of my lenses too, but she never lets me have them when I want them.
08-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can carry the lens, I let my wife carry the beer and sandwiches, she doesn't trust me with either. Nice to see some pretty faces on this forum, thanks for the views. Bob

08-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Mrs Daacon looks as beautiful as ever Davie. We could use a Sherpa on our trip to Banff though she may out shoot us!! Cheers bud. Now my next Honey Dew... Outside windows. [damn, I should have gone with the guy who would have done the whole place for a 100.00 bucks! ] JIMBO
Thanks Jimbo indeed would could ! Not sure I get you ending comment but it sounds like home repair which is never a good thing.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Lovely Sherpa Dave! Train them right and when that bag gets heavy and the sun gets hot, they have you covered!
Regards!
Mrs Rupert , an excellent Sherpa at the start of this six mile hike up over a mountain......not so much at the end.......
Thanks Rupert - ha! I hear ya but she looks like a tropper none the less.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Two lucky guys in the one Post now there's a Winner!
Thanks Em - lucky does not begin to describe it

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Nice of you to share this experience with us Dave.
Lucky guy you are.
Thanks Ash - see comment above

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Great shots daacon, I'm expecting a few contributions to our "photographer and photo" thread. I'd let tessfully sherpa some of my lenses too, but she never lets me have them when I want them.
Thansk Niorm - I remember that thread I completley forgot about it ! Next time. Yes lendng is sometimes difficult without an expressed written contract of all the retractable clauses

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I can carry the lens, I let my wife carry the beer and sandwiches, she doesn't trust me with either. Nice to see some pretty faces on this forum, thanks for the views. Bob
THanks Bob now that is fair trade indeed !
08-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I like the second one as if to tell you "You Got 2 Minutes and that's it " well at least that the message my missus tells me every time TFS Dave

cheers
08-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Regards!

I noticed her blouse, jeans and sweater.

My guess is she wasn't 100% sure/informed what the day's activities were going to be.

Granted, I'm not a "frilly girl", but there are few women out there, that would wear that top for a 6 mile hike up a Mountain.

C'mon, tell us...when you said you and she were "Going for a walk", how did you sell it to her?

There has to be a reason behind "not so much at the end".

I'm sensing a "Husband moment".

08-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I noticed her blouse, jeans and sweater.

My guess is she wasn't 100% sure/informed what the day's activities were going to be.

Granted, I'm not a "frilly girl", but there are few women out there, that would wear that top for a 6 mile hike up a Mountain.

C'mon, tell us...when you said you and she were "Going for a walk", how did you sell it to her?

There has to be a reason behind "not so much at the end".

I'm sensing a "Husband moment".

Actually, you are quite perceptive. We were at Lost Maples State Park and went for a casual "trail walk" and the next thing you know we are climbing a mountain. Neither of us were prepared or dressed for it, and at the end we were barely able to crawl back to my Jeep......

View from the top that day....it was worth it, but I wouldn't do it again!

Looking back up at the trail coming down....the best sight of the day!

Dave.....sorry buddy, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, drop on over to the Lounge, drinks for you and your lovely mate are on me!

Regards!
Rupert
08-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Actually, you are quite perceptive. We were at Lost Maples State Park and went for a casual "trail walk" and the next thing you know we are climbing a mountain. Neither of us were prepared or dressed for it, and at the end we were barely able to crawl back to my Jeep......

View from the top that day....it was worth it, but I wouldn't do it again!

Looking back up at the trail coming down....the best sight of the day!

Dave.....sorry buddy, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, drop on over to the Lounge, drinks for you and your lovely mate are on me!

Regards!
Rupert
LOL. Thought so.

Nice view though!

08-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey you two it's all about me !! Get a chat room ( jk it's always interesting to read the banter )