Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Straight Down the Line
Lens: Sigma 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM Camera: K20d Photo Location: Bundanoon, NSW, Australia 
Posted By: adr1an, 08-21-2011, 05:25 AM

Just back from a trip with the bike group. Stayed at 'quiet' Bundanoon - their star attraction being a "Glow Worm Glen" (This should elaborate for you the scale of the town )But we were there for the social aspect and the local roads...

One neat aspect is the pedestrian crossing over active rail lines - allowing me to grab a few frames to throw this HDR together with reflections in the polished rails...

Please feel free to comment and critique... But I already know HDR isn't everyones cup of tea..
Views: 1,060
08-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I lke the overall feel and look of this shot. Well composed. My only beef is the OOF in the front a larger DOF and this would have really been my cup of tea.
08-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah - I really didn't notice how bad it actually was till home... its a real shortfall of the 18-50 Sigma (Close focusing distance)
but it kind of works..

If it makes up for it - heres one of the opposite side from waist level (and thus no OOF area...)

08-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the second shot as well , however the first one is still my favorite even with the OOF - kinda getting use to it. You could do a small crop to get rid oif that, but it's all subjective