Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
On Golden Pond
Lens: DA 12-24 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Elk Island 
Posted By: daacon, 08-21-2011, 06:15 AM

A few more for last nights outing.









Views: 1,152
08-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,337
Peaceful and tranquil looking Dave.Just what I need after this busy weekend.--charliezap
08-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member
vievetrick's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easthampton - Massachusetts - USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,175
Are these panos? Either way great shots
08-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian
cupic's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia-NSW
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,763
Nice take me back to place that time stands still ,you my friend have done this in spades TFS

cheers

08-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Wow! I just love the tones on those! Gorgeous,all of them! Bet you had a great time too.
Regards!
08-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
That is the kind of setting to pull the lawn chairs out, have a beverage and realize how fortunate we are. Great shots. Bob
08-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Peaceful and tranquil looking Dave.Just what I need after this busy weekend.--charliezap
Thanks Captn ' - yep Grandkids will do that do ya

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Are these panos? Either way great shots
Thanks Pat - no not panos - just the regular old shots from the DA 12-24 most at 12mm

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Nice take me back to place that time stands still ,you my friend have done this in spades TFS
cheers
Thanks Ivan ha ! If I could convinced a Bison to wade in the water for some foreground ......

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wow! I just love the tones on those! Gorgeous,all of them! Bet you had a great time too.
Regards!
Thanks Rupert - the end results where pleasing - the mosiquitos towards the end were not so fun in fact casued most of us (there were several photographers there) to leave outright.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
That is the kind of setting to pull the lawn chairs out, have a beverage and realize how fortunate we are. Great shots. Bob
Thanks Bob indeed - next time I need to bring a cooler and lawn chair - and a designated driver
08-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member
tpg2's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Reading, Pa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 733
Nice, very nice! I agree with Bob, grab a chair and drink, sit back and enjoy what we see and what we have!

08-22-2011, 05:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member
tpg2's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Reading, Pa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 733
Keep coming back to these shots...really like them!
Nice job!!
08-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tpg2 Quote
Nice, very nice! I agree with Bob, grab a chair and drink, sit back and enjoy what we see and what we have!
QuoteOriginally posted by tpg2 Quote
Keep coming back to these shots...really like them!
Nice job!!
Thanks tpg2 appreacite the kind words.
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,224
Wow, buddy, you've been burnin' up the shutter button on that new camera! And I'm glad, since I get to see pics like these - all are nice, but the second one tops my list.

Jer
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Site Supporter
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 31,382
Nice shots.... the last one is tessfully kind of shot with the foreground, that seems to ad a bit of context to the shot, but makes things a lot more difficult technically. Good work.
08-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow, buddy, you've been burnin' up the shutter button on that new camera! And I'm glad, since I get to see pics like these - all are nice, but the second one tops my list.
Jer
Thanks Jer - yep I am on shot 995 in < 3 weeks

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Nice shots.... the last one is tessfully kind of shot with the foreground, that seems to ad a bit of context to the shot, but makes things a lot more difficult technically. Good work.
Thanks Norm appreaciate the comments. The getting low was not an issue - it's the getting up is where I struggle ha!
08-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,310
Great shots! Love the second one!
08-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Great shots! Love the second one!
Thanks the swede appreciate you stopping by and commenting.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, flickr, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pond VegasPentax777 Monthly Photo Contests 4 06-09-2011 02:20 PM
Nature around the pond..... dcmsox2004 Post Your Photos! 5 10-21-2010 10:43 PM
Landscape The Pond Jimbo Post Your Photos! 13 09-06-2010 03:19 PM
Nature Down by the Pond 8540tomg Post Your Photos! 4 04-05-2010 01:45 PM
Hi from Golden Pond Dusty Welcomes and Introductions 2 01-28-2009 02:29 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top