Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Link to Vancouver SantaCon 2006!
Posted By: Artymous, 12-17-2006, 11:11 PM

I joined SantaCon in Vancouver, B.C. this year... took place Saturday, Dec. 16.

Here follow some shots I took during the afternoon:

SantaCon Photos

Enjoy.
Views: 1,526
12-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

So many SantaCons having a party together. A great festival in deed. I like the fact that many people smiled and went on with their lives in pre-christmas season.

Thanks for sharing!
12-18-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I enjoyed.
The many faces of Santa! I had no idea that Santa ever kneeled down - I though Santa really was sad. Pretty Santa though.
I liked #20, 25, 29 and maybe also 56 in particular. 29 made me smile.

The most popular Santa accesoire seems to be a rucksack. How modern.

sidenote:
terrible bokeh in #18

regards, and wishes for a great Christmas time!
12-18-2006, 01:41 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
I enjoyed.
The many faces of Santa! I had no idea that Santa ever kneeled down - I though Santa really was sad. Pretty Santa though.
I liked #20, 25, 29 and maybe also 56 in particular. 29 made me smile.

The most popular Santa accesoire seems to be a rucksack. How modern.

sidenote:
terrible bokeh in #18

regards, and wishes for a great Christmas time!
Thanks

As for the "terrible bokeh".. just goes to show how different tastes can run. I rather enjoy the 'drunk' feeling it gives Actually, It's mostly the processing that produced that.. but it's the only shot I had of the videographer that came out clean, so I used it. That's what happens when you have to open up and aperature on a late winter's afternoon methinks.

12-18-2006, 02:11 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
Thanks

As for the "terrible bokeh".. just goes to show how different tastes can run. I rather enjoy the 'drunk' feeling it gives Actually, It's mostly the processing that produced that.. but it's the only shot I had of the videographer that came out clean, so I used it. That's what happens when you have to open up and aperature on a late winter's afternoon methinks.
Hi,

Taste is what it is. To me it is disturbing. It doesn't matter much with that picture, while a portrait shot in the same situation would need quite some job.

And I know I'm more sensitive to those things than the average shooter.

I love this sort of documentary, showing ordinary city life, or as in this case, ordinary people having a good time together. I'm not sure where this sort of pictures end up finally (but that can be said about the vaste majority of all pictures) but I hope people keep them. They tend to be more valuable as times goes by, showing environment, dressing, hairstyles and all the details we are so used to in our every day lifes.

So, having a dry spell or not, well done, imo!

regards,
12-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series of shots showing the festive season in full swing.
Cheers.