Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Otis' Choice.....
Lens: Bigm 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: Rupert, 08-24-2011, 07:56 AM

I took a bunch more shots of Otis ( like I didn't already have plenty?) and he decided on this one for the cover of the September Gentleman Squirrel Monthly.

He said it shows his manly profile and strong muscular body, without appearing feminine in any way. It also shows the start of a little goatee...Otis says any good rebellious leader of a renegade Army needs to have a goatee.....says he read it in a book he once ate.

Anyhow, what do you think? Is it a good choice and does it make him appear manly and like a strong leader?
Regards!

[IMG] [/IMG]
Views: 1,891
08-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Anyhow, what do you think? Is it a good choice and does it make him appear manly and like a strong leader?
Regards!
I'll get Pierre's opinion today. I have a personal problem with squirrels due to the bird seed bills I have to pay, but Pierre tolerates me anyway.
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I smell trouble! I sent this to the editor and this is the proof cover I got back just minutes ago......this is not the shot I submitted, it is not even Otis! This is a shot of his rival son, Baby Otie, and it appears he has the same ruthless desire for power and fame as his dad. He must have intercepted my shot and replaced it with his own. I need to get this corrected, and fast! Otis will not allow such insubordination to contaminate his Army of Squirrels, no way!

He is a handsome little devil...looks just like his dad!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
08-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Rupert you make me LOL!

08-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Your photo of Otis is perfect for the cover and shows him to be the tough, no-nonsense soul that he is.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 08-24-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: caint spel
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Otis better watch out with that goatee, a lot of militant leaders have had them and things didn't work out too well. Where is that Qaddafi?
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I got it all straightened out......Baby Otis will spend a few weeks in "Time Out" on a peanut hull and water diet. You guys get the first look at the new cover.....if anyone wants to join up, Otis says you are welcome to help him ravage the world......he did say, "what's left of it". Bring your own weapons, ammo, food and liquor...he'll provide the rest.....

I think he looks a little like that 'Che' Guevara guy from a while back........he does use a quote that is very similar......

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” ...'Che' Guevara

"The birdfeeder is not a device that falls of its own accord.......you need wire cutters."....Otis Squirrel

Regards!
No politics please! I have enough damn problems already!
08-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

ROTFLOL, Rupert, your imagination is truly a wonder....

08-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 for creativity ! That is one lean , mean , rodent machine
08-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just some Squirrely fun guys! On another Forum at Flickr I have been diagnosed with dementia. That might trouble me, but I had a consultation with Dr Louie Squirrel and he said my brain was as good as any Squirrel brain he had seen. I feel pretty secure with that, wouldn't you?
Regards!
08-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think Rupert that we'll need Otis and his troops up here in Saugus to help out with the evacuations if that hurricane hits as they are prognosticating at the moment.--charliezap
08-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I think Rupert that we'll need Otis and his troops up here in Saugus to help out with the evacuations if that hurricane hits as they are prognosticating at the moment.--charliezap
Charlie, let's hope that is not necessary and you will not suffer any severe damage. Otis says if needed, you can concentrate on your friends and family and he will take care of all the nuts....an area of his best expertise!
Regards!
08-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert, I sent the new magazine cover to my wife, Claire, and asked her if we should take out a subscription (for Pierre Squirrel of course). I fell over. Her answer is "Why not?". Where do we go from here, other than the asylum, naturally.
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Canada....She might prefer the Squirrel Girly Monthly...the Possum recipe is superb! I have a feeling this is not for dieters. Beware the novel....it is graphic and not for the faint hearted....I did remove the illustrations, just a little too much for my eyes!

Regards!

Double chins are common, but I guess her double belly is what got her on the cover?

[IMG] [/IMG]
08-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Canada....She might prefer the Squirrel Girly Monthly...the Possum recipe is superb! I have a feeling this is not for dieters. Beware the novel....it is graphic and not for the faint hearted....I did remove the illustrations, just a little too much for my eyes!

Regards!

Double chins are common, but I guess her double belly is what got her on the cover?

[/url] [/IMG]
I'll pass it on to my sweetie