Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Battling my deepest fear..
Lens: Various Camera: K20D Photo Location: Minahasa, North Celebes ISO: 100 
Posted By: minahasa, 08-25-2011, 10:14 AM

My first attempt into this kind of photography. Avoided before, because I have trouble looking directly into people's (girls) eyes

Taken using K20D with various manual lenses.
PP with LightRoom

Views: 1,243
08-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the last one....there is nothing to fear.....sure, they bite, can strip you of every dime you have, and break your heart into a thousand pieces...but otherwise, they are harmless.
Regards!
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
My first attempt into this kind of photography. Avoided before, because I have trouble looking directly into people's (girls) eyes
I would think of it like this - when you have your camera to your eye, think of the girl looking into your lens, and not your eye. Maybe it will help "fool" yourself into getting over that and help you continue.

I like what I see, especially the last one. Don't give up - you have a very nice start here. Remember - look into my lens, not into my eye.......
08-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I like the last three!

08-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I like the last one....there is nothing to fear.....sure, they bite, can strip you of every dime you have, and break your heart into a thousand pieces...but otherwise, they are harmless.
Regards!
..now I'm really scared

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I would think of it like this - when you have your camera to your eye, think of the girl looking into your lens, and not your eye. Maybe it will help "fool" yourself into getting over that and help you continue.

I like what I see, especially the last one. Don't give up - you have a very nice start here. Remember - look into my lens, not into my eye.......
I've tried that, helped a bit ..but every glance she made is a stabbing thrust out of the viewfinder, right into my weak heart

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
I like the last three!
Thanks!
08-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #6

I think these are excellent images. I really like the pencil-drawn look of the first two. Very nice!
08-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

This is a great set. Keep doing it, eventually it will become easy.
08-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I like the third one. She appears to have a vulnerability to her in that shot. Overall, I think you did a very good job!

08-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Boy, are these ever nice. For some reason, I really dig the second one - but all are exceptionally well done.

Jer