Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Triathlete [9 IMG]
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Clute, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Granddaughter Claire competed in her first triathlon this morning and I caught some of the action on film . . . . er, on sensor. I used - for only the second or third time - the K-5's TAv feature - very handy for this sort of shoot-from-the-hip situation (and still have some control) and made possible by the camera's high ISO poise.

Jer

Preparing for the Swin and listening (maybe) to instructions:

They're off! It was impossible to get a meaningful shot, since spectator's were kept away from the pool, allowing lifeguards plenty of elbow room in case they had to act fast (they didn't). Claire is last, but - with a little help - she finished; I had to admire her grit:

Transitioning for the Ride:

Finishing the Ride:

Starting the Run:

Enjoying the accomplishment:

Views: 1,333
08-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First I have heard of races like this for the little guys, but I am sure the race isn't too far or demanding. Guess she is going to be just like Mom and she sure is color coordinated and I love that pose. Congrats to #10, many kids just sit and watch TV and never get outside. Thanks for sharing, made me smile. Bob
08-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now that put a big smile on my face. Looks like she is following Moms steps. Your little grand daughter is growing up Jer. JIM
08-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
Closed Account

That made me smile. I don't have any children so seeing something like this warms my heart! You have some amazing memories there! Well done to Claire!!!

08-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

She has shown her grandpa determination she will always be a winner TFS Jer

cheers
08-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
First I have heard of races like this for the little guys, but I am sure the race isn't too far or demanding. Guess she is going to be just like Mom and she sure is color coordinated and I love that pose. Congrats to #10, many kids just sit and watch TV and never get outside. Thanks for sharing, made me smile. Bob
Thanks, Bob. It's a very short course - probably only takes about 15-20 minutes total. Claire is not an accomplished swimmer, so she struggled during that part of the competition - but she hung in there. Some of these kids were deadly serious, riding bikes I couldn't afford!!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Now that put a big smile on my face. Looks like she is following Moms steps. Your little grand daughter is growing up Jer. JIM
Yeah, buddy, she is growing up, and I'm getting the same kind of feelings I had when my daughters passed through the early stages. You can't save time, just use it wisely.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by wcchamp18 Quote
That made me smile. I don't have any children so seeing something like this warms my heart! You have some amazing memories there! Well done to Claire!!!
Thanks so much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
She has shown her grandpa determination she will always be a winner TFS Jer

cheers
I appreciate your nice words, Ivan.

Jer
08-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
jer... you must have a perpetual smile from ear to ear watching claire grow up... kudos to her moxie and determination... it'll take her far ... dave m

08-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
jer... you must have a perpetual smile from ear to ear watching claire grow up... kudos to her moxie and determination... it'll take her far ... dave m
Dave, I appreciate your kind words - as always.

Jer
08-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Wow I had no idea they had these events for ones so young! I am tired just looking at the shots. Very well captured and she should be as proud as you are.
08-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow I had no idea they had these events for ones so young! I am tired just looking at the shots. Very well captured and she should be as proud as you are.
Hey thanks, Dave. I'm not sure this is Claire's "thing", but she perservered and made it through.

Jer