Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
SF Zoo Bird
Posted By: magkelly, 08-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Not a zoo resident, a visitor. Not quite sure of species. I'm thinking it's a really brown female blackbird or some sort of starling, but I'm not quite sure. This was one of the last set of pics I took with my *ist when I was out in SF. Every pic I took that day was very noisy, all of them, no matter what iso I used unfortunately. That day the camera really flaked out on me, and then when I got home, not too long after the camera died.

I'm still playing with this set trying to make them useful, but I think it's a lost cause. I'm a bit ticked. I had some great big cat shots and they're all nasty with noise that even Noise Ninja can't seem to tame. I put a slight blur on them, but that only made them too fuzzy, sigh. But too much sharper and you can really see the noise...
Views: 1,107
08-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Really frustrating when your kit lets you down, you will have to re-visit again.
08-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It's going to be a long while before see that zoo again unfortunately. I'm back on the other coast now, but I hope to do the zoo here in Fall. I loved spending the day at the SF zoo though. It's right next to part of Ocean Beach so I got to spend some time by the Pacific too. It was such a beautiful day. All week of my time there it had rained and that was the only day that was really nice that I had any time off where it was nice.
08-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"The Day My Camera Died", I think that was a pop song, or should be anyway. Too bad about the photos, but at least you will always have the memories. Bob

08-29-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Frustrating indeed however as Bob mentioned the memories are crisp and clear.
08-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, but I don't normally take pics just to get snapshots. If that was all I wanted I'd be using a $40 digital pocket camera from Walmart, sigh. The weather was so bad most of the time I was there. I just wanted one fair day and some really great pics, you know? The content was great, and I got lucky all over that zoo, lot of good it did me, laugh. I'm hoping I do better this Fall, and I may because the zoo I am going to has more big cats than AF zoo does. But it's got to be 20 degrees cooler before I'll even think about stepping outside the door to do that trip...