Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hurricane Irene on Long Island, NY
Lens: DA*55 and DA21 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Long Island, NY 
Posted By: DRabbit, 08-28-2011, 02:35 PM

My webserver is down right now because of wide-spread power outages on Long Island... but I've posted my photos of Facebook and Google Plus if anyone would like to see...

On facebook...
Hurricane Irene | Facebook

On Google+
http://gplus.to/DangRabbit

(edit - I did a video-slide-show thing and put them all together... makes it easier, especially since my server is still down.)

A few (if they'll work) embedded from Google+

FYI: All is okay with us, except the last tree photo represents a tree that feel on my brother's girlfriend's car unfortunately. The hood got dented in pretty good. We are all okay though, and we're lucky to be in the batch of people who hasn't lost power.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by DRabbit; 08-31-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: added link to youtube
Views: 1,352
08-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
your pics just go to show how we really are at the mercy of mother nature.... glad you're safe and sound.... we dodged the bullet here... some bands of heavy rain, some wind gusts past 70 or so.... whew!!!! dave m
08-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
thanks for the inside view Amy, photos that are hot off the press. Hopefully the damage isn't as bad as originally thought. Bob
08-31-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys... I added a video I did also. My web server is still down, so it's hard to share other photos

08-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing images. We somehow managed to keep power and only lost a few branches here in West Chester, PA. However, power was lost to 1000s of homes just minutes from us. Best of luck to you and your community.
08-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Great work on the video. Stay safe. JIM