Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Horny Schoolgirls
Posted By: Mike Cash, 11-30-2007, 07:54 AM

At the 3rd annual performance of our local marching band festival, featuring bands from public and private elementary, middle, and high schools as well as a couple of private clubs.

The event was back in August, in a gymnasium with the curtains closed. I had to use ISO1600 and had written the images off as being so hopelessly noisy as to be utterly useless. But this evening I decided to go back and see what NoiseWare could do with them. It did much better than I expected it would.

Super Takumar 200/4

I also spotted this guy, and was disappointed to note that he is One Of Us. I watched for a while and he seemed to be having some trouble using the zoom ring. I wonder why......

S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5
Views: 6,198
11-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice pic, AWEFUL pun

Pat
11-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Nice pic, AWFUL pun
Yeah, but just think of all the google hits it will generate for us.
11-30-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

LOLOLOLOL you are killing me. Not sure what is funnier the title or the picture of the fellow Pentax shooter.

11-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

haha caught me although I had visions of some play you were at where the school girls were wearing costumes with horns (like a dragon or something). And indeed the google hits will quadruple quickly (as may the automatic web site blockers haha)
11-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hahah, cheeky bugger! Yep, that image of our fellow man and the way you cropped it makes it look so much funnier..lmao.
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

In case anyone didn't notice it, much of the damage to his lens hood (chipped paint and so on) is on the side now towards to the front of the lens, meaning the hood likely remains in that reversed position most of the time.

stewart

11-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
In case anyone didn't notice it, much of the damage to his lens hood (chipped paint and so on) is on the side now towards to the front of the lens, meaning the hood likely remains in that reversed position most of the time.

stewart
It does seem a very funny instance in your image above but as some defense, to save space, I do put my lens hoods in the reverse position on lenses in my bag.
Of course I remember their correct use when the camera comes out but one of my less frequently used lenses has hoods at both ends in this reverse position to save a little bit of space.
We can all get a good laugh at this Pentax user but the truth is the chip in that spot truly does not mean it is habitual nor make it a "rookie mistake". Just a little unorthodox perhaps.

Ok. Begin throwing stones in my general direction.
11-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

HAha I was close to buying that SMC Pentax-FA 28-200/3.8-5.6

I read somewhere that the next gen tammy 28-200 with the XR glass was a better buy and so I got that instead. Kinda wish I got the Pentax rebrand for the heft and of course the "Pentax" name on it.

The tamron is so small and light, its seems ridiculous. But yea that photo is pretty humourous! I wonder how his images turned out.
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I knew the title was too good to be true!

I shoot with a hood reversed sometimes. The only reason I do it is because I can flip it around at any time if I need to, and if I don't need to then it is saving space just being on reversed rather than being out. At times I'll take it totally off, as well. Just depends on my needs, but my bag is only so big.
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
It does seem a very funny instance in your image above but as some defense, to save space, I do put my lens hoods in the reverse position on lenses in my bag.
Of course I remember their correct use when the camera comes out but one of my less frequently used lenses has hoods at both ends in this reverse position to save a little bit of space.
We can all get a good laugh at this Pentax user but the truth is the chip in that spot truly does not mean it is habitual nor make it a "rookie mistake". Just a little unorthodox perhaps.

Ok. Begin throwing stones in my general direction.
what i find funniest, is that the lens hood is.. well.. sideways, too. shouldn't the longest petals be on the top and bottom, even when reversed? i know it's that way on my kit lens..
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Mike your post titles now have me sometimes sitting here guessing what you could have possibly been capturing before I open the thread. Very funny shot of the reversed hood. I've seen that a few times and it's certainly not brand specific. No matter how basic the manual is, some just don't get it.
11-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I suppose I really ought to clarify about the fellow and the lens hood. I watched him quite a bit and it was very obvious that he found the hood awkward and annoying in that position, leading me to believe that he had not the slightest clue in the world that it was meant to be taken off and reversed when shooting.

I couldn't resist the temptation of the thread title, and can't help but notice it has received more hits in a shorter period of time than anything I have ever posted. What Mark Twain shared in Chapter XXII of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn still holds true today.

QuoteQuote:
.....So the duke said these Arkansaw lunkheads couldn't come up to Shakespeare; what they wanted was low comedy--and maybe something ruther worse than low comedy, he reckoned. He said he could size their style. So next morning he got some big sheets of wrapping paper and some black paint, and drawed off some handbills, and stuck them up all over the village. The bills said:

AT THE COURT HOUSE! FOR 3 NIGHTS ONLY! The World-Renowned Tragedians DAVID GARRICK THE YOUNGER! AND EDMUND KEAN THE ELDER! Of the London and Continental Theatres, In their Thrilling Tragedy of THE KING'S CAMELEOPARD, OR THE ROYAL NONESUCH ! ! ! Admission 50 cents.

Then at the bottom was the biggest line of all, which said:

LADIES AND CHILDREN NOT ADMITTED.

"There," says he, "if that line don't fetch them, I don't know Arkansaw!"
Ladies and children not admitted or Horny Schoolgirls......it's all the same.
11-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #14
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

That's me, I never did understand Shakespeare...

BTW The comments on armies and bravery were the best part of that chapter. but that's a whole other discussion. It's been a long time since I read Twain
12-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Love the title of this, and yes I'm amazed the filter here at work allowed me to open it....

As for the lens hoood, great shot! Personally I got so annoyed with the space mine took up that it has resided in a desk drawer since the day after I got the camera.