Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Las Vegas night panorama
Lens: Samsung 35mm F2 Camera: K-x Photo Location: Las Vegas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 2s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: crewl1, 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM

This was my first attempt at a panorama stitch using ICE Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)
Taken from top of the Rio hotel parking lot across the freeway from the strip.
Didn't bring a tripod since I was on business so this was shot in landscape mode by placing camera on ledge and as such was restricted a bit to the angle.
This looks better full size but Flickr doesn't accommodate so if anyone can point me to a hosting site I would appreciate it.

Views: 1,325
08-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Larry, that is a great shot of the strip, you got a lot of the major hotels in the pano. Good idea bringing you camera with you, keeps you away from the tables and slots, something that I still haven't learned to do. Bob
08-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Bob, on the road I keep myself busy working or trying to find picture opportunities these days.
08-29-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A familar place for sure - nicely done horizion is perfect.

08-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I can host your image on my web server space if you like (I have unlimited storage/bandwidth) - shoot me a PM if you are interested.
11-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Found this site that can host panoramas using a viewer that lets you scroll around the image which is what I was looking for.

There are some very cool spherical examples there that Iook like they could be a blast to attempt, check their front page if you want to see them.

Alas my examples don't seem as sharp as I hoped when blown up.
Las Vegas at night » Panoramas » viewat.org