Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Photos
Camera: *ist DS 
Posted By: Cee Cee, 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM

This is the first time I've uploaded photos (just testing the system really) Some shots that I've taken recently,each one I find pleasing in some way. any comments welcome

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo     
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 

Last edited by Cee Cee; 07-03-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Views: 1,182
08-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for posting and keep 'em coming.

Jer
08-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

A nice set, one or two of the rose shots would benefit from a slight vignette IMHO
08-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by snappychappy Quote
A nice set, one or two of the rose shots would benefit from a slight vignette IMHO
I agree with this and possibly a little more contrast to enrich the colour and sharpen the shot. Well done.

08-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
thanks for the comments guys, I do appreciate the input, I'll give it try, these are pretty much straight out of the camera (RAW), just a slight tweek of EV on some and small crop on the Pigeon & Roulettes, and a substantial crop on the F18, a jpeg conversion & re size of course, oh and a bit of air brushing to remove some highly visible sensor dust aginst blue sky. Dusty, windy, places are air shows!
cheers guys.
08-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

with a little sharpening and contrast these would all be winners. Welcome to PF and looking forward to more of your work. Bob
08-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Forum Member

Very nice, I really like the 2nd photo of the rose with the water droplets.

08-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks halonp, much appreciated. thanks for the kind words and advice Bob, I'm pretty new to PP, still finding my way around ( URaw & GIMP 2 ) but I have now found the "unsharp mask" and reworked these images and you are right, much improved detail & clarity and better contrast (eaglem), what surprised me the most was the water droplets went from being a little milky (which I hadn't really noticed) to being crystal clear.

snappychappy,.... I haven't been able to find a vignette filter in GIMP 2 to try your suggestion yet, some times GIMP tends to tuck things away making them hard to find. If its not there then I'm sure there will be a plugin available.

Anyway, I'll re post some of the reworked photos and couple of new ones, once again thanks.

Last edited by Cee Cee; 08-31-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling