Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Striding Purposefully
Posted By: Mike Cash, 12-01-2007, 03:32 AM

Another oh-boy-oh-boy-I-got-a-new-lens!!!! photo.

DA70/2.4 Limited

Toned in GIMP with schildt's silver gelatin gradient.
Views: 1,126
12-01-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Mike, being in the business of building subway cars, I always love shots like this. BTW, the guy in the background with the white gloves, is he one of the infamous "subway packers"?

NaCl(or is that just another one of those apocryphal stories?)H2O
12-01-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The line I live on has nowhere near enough people to justify packers. Even though lots of my photos are taken in Tokyo, I actually live out in a much less densely populated area about 100km to the north.The fellow with the white gloves was most likely the conductor. The train terminated at the station and the driver/conductor have to swap ends for the return trip. The gent walking away was either a station employee carrying a wireless microphone or the train driver carrying the throttle or brake handle. I can't remember which, but one of those gets removed for safety purposes.
12-01-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm SHOCKED!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Another oh-boy-oh-boy-I-got-a-new-lens!!!! photo.

DA70/2.4 Limited

Toned in GIMP with schildt's silver gelatin gradient.
Shame on you!!! What's the meaning of this shooting with something other than a Tak,LOL? Does this mean you are going to desert all of your old glass?

Congrats on the new lens.

ken

12-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No way I'm deserting my Takumars. I've had the A-35-105 going for a couple of weeks, mostly to get accustomed to using it so I can do a better job with it the next time an event comes along for the dance group (Dec. 24). I've been jonesing for the DA70 for quite a little while now, so I decided to just bite the bullet and get it. This photo doesn't show the lens to its best advantage, being as it is a pretty small crop of the original photo.