Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax Days! Meet Marc Langille
Posted By: codiac2600, 12-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Hello everyone, just thought I'd upload a few shots from our first annual Pentax Days.

Here is the rundown of the event:

We had our regional Pentax Sales rep come to the store, ran a bunch of specials and hosted some classes. Friday we ran a beginners K10D class with myself as the speaker and on Saturday we ran a Nature and Marco session with guest speak Marc Langille aka 35mmfilm_user. No Marc doesn't live anywhere near Rockford Illinois, but we did make it worth his while and also made sure he had a lot of fun being here.

We had 30 people in the store for the K10D class and the macro and nature classes varied from 20 to 25 people. We had a blast putting on the show and making sure everyone left with questions answered and new skills learned.

Here is a little story put together from some of the images I took while Marc was giving his presentation and hopefully he doesn't mind these shots coming up, but they are so good!

(David) I better hurry and put this together before the class starts...

(Marc) Don't worry David I'm downloading the manual right now!

(Marc) Man, this is harder than I thought...

(Marc) It says here step one is to make sure we've read the manual!

(Marc) Man this manual is confusing...

(Chris) Looks like you got it to work Marc!

(Chris) Too bad you're not going home with this lens... ::EVIL LAUGH::

Well thats all folks, but it truly was honour having Marc come and speak and we all left learning a little bit more. Thank you again Marc and if you see this just know that you're an awesome guy and we're all glad you are as passionate about your work as you are a kind and generous person.

This one is for you Marc and thanks for letting me go overboard with the off camera lighting...

Views: 2,910
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Yikes! I see Chris caught me at my most-rested phase...

Background: the room next to mine at the Holiday Inn has doors between them, and both Friday and Saturday at 5:30AM the alarm went off... (joy of joys). I had to call the front desk to ask them to turn it off. Well, obviously the person doing didn't connect the dots and just turned off the buzzer, not the alarm... so it went off again on Saturday AM...

Now, on to the fun stuff....

Chris and all the staff there are first rate, and really, really great people!! Kudos to Chris' top notch PowerPoint presentation - it was slick... The event was a blast, and I really enjoyed connecting with people at the event. The presentations went very well, and I think a workshop next May might be a possibility... It was a great chance to "talk shop" with everyone. It's my hope that by letting other people see what images the camera system can put out puts to rest any doubts about it's capability!

Chris and I had the opportunity to speak with the Pentax regional rep., and discuss some ideas for the future in terms of similar events. If you're interested, put the word out to your local camera store! I can travel and help out with similar events if store owners need me elsewhere. We also discussed the upcoming bodies and lenses, some interesting changes, and unfortunately now NDA takes over.... <stop here>

Lastly, I am very happy to see it finally captured on camera it the last image. It really shows much Chris' mien really sparkles when you start talking about Pentax and photography - he lights up the room, no joke... How does he do that???

Cheers,
Marc

12-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you guys had a ball!

Based on what I've seen of Marc's work, the photos displayed must have blown away those who were not familiar with his talent.

Thanks for posting this Chris.
12-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Chris, Marc, everybody,

Wow... sounds and looks like it was a very successful event!

Do you know if anything like this is planned for Northwest Arkansas?
12-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Yikes! I see Chris caught me at my most-rested phase...

Background: the room next to mine at the Holiday Inn has doors between them, and both Friday and Saturday at 5:30AM the alarm went off... (joy of joys). I had to call the front desk to ask them to turn it off. Well, obviously the person doing didn't connect the dots and just turned off the buzzer, not the alarm... so it went off again on Saturday AM...

Now, on to the fun stuff....

Chris and all the staff there are first rate, and really, really great people!! Kudos to Chris' top notch PowerPoint presentation - it was slick... The event was a blast, and I really enjoyed connecting with people at the event. The presentations went very well, and I think a workshop next May might be a possibility... It was a great chance to "talk shop" with everyone. It's my hope that by letting other people see what images the camera system can put out puts to rest any doubts about it's capability!

Chris and I had the opportunity to speak with the Pentax regional rep., and discuss some ideas for the future in terms of similar events. If you're interested, put the word out to your local camera store! I can travel and help out with similar events if store owners need me elsewhere. We also discussed the upcoming bodies and lenses, some interesting changes, and unfortunately now NDA takes over.... <stop here>

Lastly, I am very happy to see it finally captured on camera it the last image. It really shows much Chris' mien really sparkles when you start talking about Pentax and photography - he lights up the room, no joke... How does he do that???

Cheers,
Marc
Thank you Marc and you're not too bad yourself!

Yeah, gotta love that last pic, it's priceless!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote

Based on what I've seen of Marc's work, the photos displayed must have blown away those who were not familiar with his talent.

Hey Tom, just to put it into perspective we had a lot of our top not Pentax shooters stick around longer then anyone else actually going through each picture one by one. I think everyone was in awe after seeing those gorgeous prints and it really puts into perspective how good the shooter is and how competent the equipment is to be able to capture the image.

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Chris, Marc, everybody,

Hmmm, you'll have to get with Marc on that and talk to your local camera store and see what they can do in terms of getting a rep to help and finding a speaker.

12-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote

Thanks Tom - you are most kind! We had a lot of fun, no question...

QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Chris, Marc, everybody,

Hi Sajmmiller,

I've put the bug in the ear to the people at Bedford's, so we shall see!

Cheers,
Marc
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Hey Tom, just to put it into perspective we had a lot of our top not Pentax shooters stick around longer then anyone else actually going through each picture one by one. I think everyone was in awe after seeing those gorgeous prints and it really puts into perspective how good the shooter is and how competent the equipment is to be able to capture the image.
I was wondering about that (the people hanging around afterwards) I thought they were going for the FA* lenses... I didn't know for sure what camera system they used... Heck, I am so used to being the only Pentax shooter (AFAIK) in our Photo Society, it's not a problem for me...

Chris, thanks for the props, and deserving credit also goes to the good folks at my local camera store, which does an awesome job.