Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Oops this is going to get wet...
Lens: DA*16-50 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Finnmark, Norway ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Fries, 09-09-2011, 03:10 PM

...and it did and my lightweight tent didn't totally cope with the amount of water. But it was manageable .

Views: 1,196
09-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mean looking storm a brewing and you not being weather sealed ! Nice shot.
09-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remco, this is quite a barren landscape with a unique rock formation. A place to get away from it all, very well captured and wondering if you fished the river? Bob
09-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting image Remco. I find the rock as interesting, if not more, then the sky. I may have slapped a wide angle on and got up close and personal with the rock adding just enough sky [aiming up] to on the contrast to the image. Lots of potential here!! Cheers JIM

09-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Mean looking storm a brewing and you not being weather sealed ! Nice shot.
Thanks Dave! I sort of restored the weather sealing of my tent by using a tarp. Sometimes you have to improvise.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Remco, this is quite a barren landscape with a unique rock formation. A place to get away from it all, very well captured and wondering if you fished the river? Bob
Bob thank you! The water on the left is just a small lake if I remember correctly. There is some good trout fishing in the lake but the weather prevented me from harassing them with my fly rod.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Interesting image Remco. I find the rock as interesting, if not more, then the sky. I may have slapped a wide angle on and got up close and personal with the rock adding just enough sky [aiming up] to on the contrast to the image. Lots of potential here!! Cheers JIM
Jim, thanks for your insight and you perspective on the possibilities in this scene ! At that moment I just didn't 'see' the picture like that. I guess because of reasons that have nothing to do with photography the sky sort of dominated my thoughts. The DA*16-50 I used is the widest lens I own but I didn't use the lens on 16mm here. But I imagine that with 16mm your suggestion would work very well.
« Ios | Sunset »