Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fog-K5 filters--Panos--Am I forgetting something?
Lens: 18-250 pentax Camera: K5 Photo Location: Saugus River 
Posted By: charliezap, 09-10-2011, 09:09 AM

[IMG][/IMG]
I left for work a few minutes early to try my luck at some morning fog shots down on the Saugus river.The tide was low and it was starting to brighten up at 6:15 am.Maybe in a couple of weeks the tide will be up at that time and it should be a wee bit darker.I'm still enjoying using the K5 filters.--charliezap
Name:  029-1rs.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  95.5 KB
filter used
Name:  pano-rs.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  50.5 KB
3 shot pano
Name:  pier-rs.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  141.0 KB
filter used
Name:  013-1.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  120.9 KB
Name:  028-1z.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  89.8 KB
Fox Hill Yacht Club--filtered and framed

Views: 1,132
09-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the first one best Charlie, you can sure get the "feel" from it. I see you like to play with processing too....I like it almost as much as shooting. No matter the time of day or the weather, you can always sit down and spend hours playing with what you have already shot, getting different looks and new ideas. Gotta love that!
Regards!
Download this for free (31days) and play, it is very good, easy, and can produce some great results.
New DxO FilmPack 3 Provides Unrivaled Film Fidelity and Opens Up Boundless Creativity Opportunities
09-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series throw in an HDR and I think you got it covered
09-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I love it. It is something out of the usual PP. Nice to see something new and creative.

09-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boone Quote
I love it. It is something out of the usual PP. Nice to see something new and creative.
The credit goes to the K5 that has a myriad of digital filters that you be creative with.---charliezap
09-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Capn, you're sure having fun with the filters. I especially like number 2 - a surreal urban scene. Nice stuff, my friend.

Jer
09-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

echo a previous sentiment... nice to see some of the k5's creative filters put to very good use.... get that abstract feel.... fine work charlie... dave m
09-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hey Charlie, the more you play, the better you get. Great shots, I just have to keep playing with the filters to get them right like yours are. thanks Bob

09-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Capn, you're sure having fun with the filters. I especially like number 2 - a surreal urban scene. Nice stuff, my friend.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
echo a previous sentiment... nice to see some of the k5's creative filters put to very good use.... get that abstract feel.... fine work charlie... dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Hey Charlie, the more you play, the better you get. Great shots, I just have to keep playing with the filters to get them right like yours are. thanks Bob
It's fun to play around with the features that may otherwise go unused.I have enough crummy pictures to play with that sometimes get a second life thanks to the filters..--charliezap