Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Family snaps from NY - mostly with the 31 Limited
Posted By: hamidlmt, 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM

EDIT: added exif data below each pic.

From our recent Thanksgiving trip to New York. These are jpegs straight out of the camera, taken with the K10D and FA 31mm 1.8 Limited. There may be a shot or two taken with the FA 50mm 1.4.

A budding photographer. He said he wants a digital camera for Christmas!

1/30 sec, f2.5, iso 400

1/25 sec, f2, iso 800

1/30 sec, f2, iso800

1/40 sec, f2, iso640

1/25 sec, f2, iso800

1/25 sec, f1.8, iso800

You can read about this fellow below. He started walking from Newport, Oregon in April. He was in New Lebanon NY at The Abode of the Message on Thanksgiving. He came down to the house and shared a meal with us.
Walk For Progress Blog

1/25 sec, f2, iso800

This is Oliver, my wife's little brother. He has Down's Syndrome and is now living at Camphill Village, an assisted living community. He always has the funniest expressions!

1/40 sec, f2.2, iso800

Oliver is in charge of milking a cow named Vesta on the farm. This one is a little young for milking!

1/25 sec, f2, iso1250

Last edited by hamidlmt; 12-04-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Views: 1,309
12-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A nice assortment of family photos Hamid. Thanks for sharing them here.
12-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I suppose, these are all taken without flash? If so, I must say: fantastic lenses and/or fantastic photographer. Can you give us te EXIF data? Especially for the shot no. 4?
Thanx!
12-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Back to this wonderful lens. The image rendering is superb

12-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
A nice assortment of family photos Hamid. Thanks for sharing them here.
Thanks LaRee! It's always nice spending time with family.

QuoteOriginally posted by pentagor Quote
I suppose, these are all taken without flash? If so, I must say: fantastic lenses and/or fantastic photographer. Can you give us te EXIF data? Especially for the shot no. 4?
Thanx!
I didn't use any flash. Just trying to make the best out of generally very low-light, indoor situations. Several of the shots are underexposed, but I feel like they capture the light available in the house. I'll edit the original post with exif data in a few minutes.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Back to this wonderful lens. The image rendering is superb
I've said it before... if I had to use one lens for the rest of my life, the 31 would do it for me. It's continues to impress me again and again.

Last edited by hamidlmt; 12-04-2007 at 12:55 AM.
12-04-2007, 04:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for te EXIF. I can see, there is iso800. Did you remove noise with PS or there isn't any on K10D?
12-04-2007, 05:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

#3 is one of the most charming photos I've seen in a long, long while.
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

I like the fact that almost all your photos have a natural, spontaneous quality. I like how the out of focus elements are well placed and are used to balance and accentuate the natural quality of the atmosphere. I especially like the shot with the candles, which appears very natural, and the light sources are balanced with the out of focus lamp light. One can be a perfectionist and try to eliminate the lamp, but I like the spontaneous and natural qualities of the image.

Well done!

JMR

12-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentagor Quote
Thanks for te EXIF. I can see, there is iso800. Did you remove noise with PS or there isn't any on K10D?
Sure, no problem. I usually try to include exif in the posts and just got lazy! There is absolutely no post-processing in any of these shots.... jpegs straight out of the camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
#3 is one of the most charming photos I've seen in a long, long while.
That's Sarah... an old friend. She is simply charming!

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I like the fact that almost all your photos have a natural, spontaneous quality. I like how the out of focus elements are well placed and are used to balance and accentuate the natural quality of the atmosphere. I especially like the shot with the candles, which appears very natural, and the light sources are balanced with the out of focus lamp light. One can be a perfectionist and try to eliminate the lamp, but I like the spontaneous and natural qualities of the image.

Well done!

JMR
Thank you! I try to avoid all the stiff, posed, cheesy grins. Yeah, I did end up taking those kinds of shots too. But, I'd rather just hang out and capture those little moments around me.

That candle shot... we were winding down for the evening and my sister in law was being front-lit by the candles and had the lamp directly behind her, making her almost glow. The lamp you see on the left is actually the reflection of the that lamp in the sliding glass door.