Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New Shop Buddy?
Lens: Tokina 28-70 ATX AF 2.8 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas 
Posted By: Rupert, 09-12-2011, 07:36 AM

For several days I have come into my shop in the morning to find things in disarray......there is a lot of stuff in my shop,and although I looked high and low, could not find any source of the culprit. I often leave the door open that faces the deck and patio area, and if I don't close it before dark, there are lots of critters around here to go in for a look around.

This morning I went out with my coffee to sit and drink...and wake up. Sat on my stool and looked toward the doorway....this is what I saw! Poor little fellow, had been in there two days with no water. He did find food....got into the trash! When I herded him out (that was no fun!) he went straight for the water bowl on the deck and drank it dry, then scurried off into the woods at top speed.....which is pretty fast, for a Possum!

65mm f3.5 1/80 Auto WB in fluorescent light ISO 2500
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
Views: 952
09-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cute Rupert. I've raised one of these critters from a baby til he/she was old enough to forage for himself/herself. They're cute when they are tame, and mine used to hide in my hair to sleep, then rode on my shoulder when I was awake. He/she hissed at my step daughter if she got to close to me.
09-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Yes Photolady, they are cute when they are little. I felt sorry for him this morning, he was so thirsty! They are pretty friendly, but they do have teeth! Much more mild tempered than the Raccoons though. Otis likes the Possums better than Raccoons too....but says they "smell funny" and have bad breath.
Regards!
09-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It appears he was very polite and posed for you very nicely, like you said they do have lots of teeth to show when they get irritated, nice shot there Rupert. thanks Bob

09-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Love those possums. I few summers back, I was looking out the backyard at my Mom's house in Texas and made the mistake of saying, something like, "Ah look! It's a possum!" to my step-dad. I headed for my camera and he headed for his shot gun! Luckily, neither one of us got a shot of the possum. I learned to keep my mouth shut if I saw him again. I think they're cute.
09-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Please don't shoot the Possums! Otis loves them, says they are the only creatures he knows of that are uglier than me!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
« RAW | funny clouds »