Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Color Red
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 09-14-2011, 09:59 AM

Been having some difficulty with reds on the K5. I have found that setting the photos to "Muted" and then adding a little saturation in processing can work wonders. K5 owners might give it a try and see what you think!

This is a true representation of this male Cardinal as shot in Muted and saturated lightly in post processing.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
Views: 943
09-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very sharp colorful image, nice capture.
09-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Red looks god to me Rupert nice shot.
09-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Thank you!

Thanks, Rupert. The color red has been bugging me more than anything about my K-5. It always seemed blown out. I'll have to try "muted." Do you use muted all the time?? Or just when shooting reds?

Edit: here's an example of a baseball uniform that gave me fits trying to make it the right color and I'm still not really happy.

Last edited by ubizubi; 09-19-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added photo
09-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful bird that I do not get see around here. I have seen some in the mid west where they are even brighter red. I would love to shoot one with my K-5 some day.

Nice capture.

Harish
09-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ubizubi Quote
Thanks, Rupert. The color red has been bugging me more than anything about my K-5. It always seemed blown out. I'll have to try "muted." Do you use muted all the time?? Or just when shooting reds?

Edit: here's an example of a baseball uniform that gave me fits trying to make it the right color and I'm still not really happy.
Only for shooting reds...otherwise it requires too much processing to get the other colors more vibrant. It takes a little work as it is, but it will get the red right and no blow it out so quickly.
Regards!

Harish....For a small fee...Otis will send you a whole box full of them, he is not fond of the Cardinals, they refuse to back down from Squirrels....we have plenty around here, dozens in fact!