Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
"Secured"
Lens: SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8 Camera: Pentax K-x ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 09-17-2011, 01:33 PM

This is a German Luger. My grandpa got it from a friend that took it off of a dead German officer in World War II. This pistol is somewhat rare as it is in .30 caliber instead of the much more prevalent 9mm. It is usually wrapped in an oiled cloth, but I broke it out for some photography.

I'd like to shoot it some day, but it is much to valuable for that.

This was shot with my SMC Takumar 55mm F1.8 reversed.

Views: 1,071
09-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd like to see more :-)
09-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I'd like to see more :-)
Here's one more

09-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Ah, the business end. Very nice set, and nice pistol.

09-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks. I named the first picture "Secured" because that is what the engraved lettering "gesichert" on the safety means in German.

Here's the overall view. Shot at f4 with the lens the right way round

09-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #6

Nice photos of a really interesting piece of history. My opinion is that you should keep the weapon as it should be kept and use it occasionally. A machine is pointless unless it is used.

BTW, I'm currently in the process of restoring a pre-WW2 BMW and I've heard precisely the same argument from some folks and I refuse to submit to that. I plan on driving the snot out the old beast & I don't care that it's rare or valuable (and it is both). It's a car and it's valuable because it's beautiful, very well made, and it performed quite well for its time, so in my opinion at least, it deserves to be driven.

Go take it to the range, find out what it's all about, and experience some history!