Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
boats along the barrington river
Lens: pentax f 35-135mm f3.5-4.5 Camera: k5 Photo Location: barrington ri 
Posted By: dcmsox2004, 09-18-2011, 06:18 AM

... really like the colors from this older lens...
















Views: 1,299
09-18-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canberra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 739
indeed - some very nice contrast and colours!
09-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
Dave, this is a very relaxing series for me to view. There is something about boardwalks and sailboats that I have always enjoyed, could be that ocean air, or is it the smell of money? Bob
09-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dcmsox2004's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: rhode island
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,415
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adr1an Quote
indeed - some very nice contrast and colours!
thanks...pentax colors are inimitable...dave m

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, this is a very relaxing series for me to view. There is something about boardwalks and sailboats that I have always enjoyed, could be that ocean air, or is it the smell of money? Bob
very perceptive of ya bob....barrington is what one might call a high rent district... dave m

09-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,308
The pics have that crisp look that tells me Fall is just around the corner as I sit here in 59 deg weather.--charliezap
09-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,063
Wow - there's nothing like coastal shots from New England, and these are just terrific, Dave. I particularly like numbers 1, 3, 5 and 6 - they really capture well the feel of the yacht scene on a beautiful, sunny day. I can just hear the clank of halyards. Well done and thanks - you know I love this kind of stuff.

Jer
09-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dcmsox2004's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: rhode island
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,415
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
The pics have that crisp look that tells me Fall is just around the corner as I sit here in 59 deg weather.--charliezap
.... gettin' a wee bit of a wet warm-up this week charlie... but keep those long underwear close... dave m

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - there's nothing like coastal shots from New England, and these are just terrific, Dave. I particularly like numbers 1, 3, 5 and 6 - they really capture well the feel of the yacht scene on a beautiful, sunny day. I can just hear the clank of halyards. Well done and thanks - you know I love this kind of stuff.

Jer
thanks jer.... nothing like the salty breezes on a sunny day... dave m
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black & White boats Lemontea Post Your Photos! 2 07-29-2011 05:20 AM
Black & White Boats weneto Photo Critique 2 07-03-2011 01:55 AM
Travel Da Boats daacon Post Your Photos! 6 02-23-2011 07:17 AM
Machinery Tug Boats uwmechengr Post Your Photos! 5 12-01-2009 08:42 AM
boats in the mist... dcmsox2004 Post Your Photos! 10 09-22-2009 11:58 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top