Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My dear mountains
Camera: Panasonic FZ-7 Photo Location: A Romanian village called Cheia ("The Key") 
Posted By: causey, 09-18-2011, 04:18 PM

I was looking at some old pics, and I came across these, which I took with a Panasonic megazoom on a trip in the Carpathians, five years ago. I thought I'd share them with you even if they don't come from a Pentax--perhaps as a way of coping with an acute form of nostalgia.

More of the same, on my Blog.

Last edited by causey; 09-19-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Views: 1,277
09-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stefan, this is beautiful country that you captured. Reminds me a bit of the west side of the Rocky Mountains. Great job and I enjoyed the view. Bob
09-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow - I'm grateful you shared this terrific series. Beautiful scenery that you captured in delightfully clever and creative ways.

Jer
09-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Stefan, this is beautiful country that you captured. Reminds me a bit of the west side of the Rocky Mountains. Great job and I enjoyed the view. Bob
Beautiful, indeed, like everything God left us. Unfortunately, not very far from these places a gold mining project is in the plans which will destroy yet a whole mountain... I hope reason will prevail, although politics knows little or no reason.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - I'm grateful you shared this terrific series. Beautiful scenery that you captured in delightfully clever and creative ways.

Jer
Thank you for the very flattering comment, Jer. My only regret is not having a DSLR at that time...

09-20-2011, 04:38 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This makes me think I perhaps should break my habit of going to Scandinavia every year for my holiday's. I especially like the one with the three tree stumps.
09-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There are mountains much more beautiful than this one in Romania--but the roads are another story: you'll miss Scandinavian roads, for sure
I will post a second thread with pics from another--likely nicer--place, soon.

Last edited by causey; 09-20-2011 at 06:04 AM.
09-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
There are mountains much more beautiful than this one in Romania--but the roads are another story: you'll miss Scandinavian roads, for sure
I will post a second thread with pics from another--likely nicer--place, soon.
Looking forward to the second thread! My dad has been in Romania a few times and he doesn't take is own car there anymore because of the poor quality of most of the roads and the way people drive... Flying, renting a car or public transport seem reasonable alternatives.

09-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Looking forward to the second thread! My dad has been in Romania a few times and he doesn't take is own car there anymore because of the poor quality of most of the roads and the way people drive... Flying, renting a car or public transport seem reasonable alternatives.
Having a Romanian friend is most helpful for at least three reasons: (a) Romanians are friendly and enthusiastic about showing their country to foreigners, (b) they can guide you on the road (and avoid really bad ones--although in many places the situation has improved over the last 5 years), (c) they know a multitude of extremely interesting places that aren't mentioned in travel guides.

Driving in Bucharest is hell, especially (btw., I don't advise anyone to stay there for more than 3 days).

Last edited by causey; 09-20-2011 at 07:09 AM.
09-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just posted another set on my blog. I'll make a selection for a PF thread tomorrow.