Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
One More
Lens: M50 F1.7 and Tak 55 1.8 Camera: K-x Photo Location: My Backyard ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM

One more from my backyard today. This was a very small fly with extremely bright green eyes. I guess I need to learn my taxonomy if I'm going to take this macro stuff seriously

Taken around sunset at 1600 ISO. I REALLY need to get a decent flash setup or cobble something together with my old flash as this high ISO is killing detail in these extremely small insects (this one wasn't much bigger than a gnat). This image was cropped to about 50% of the actual frame.

Last edited by Colorado CJ; 09-19-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Views: 756
09-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Though I'd post this here to show what I'm working with. This is the original of the above before processing. You can clearly see the vignetting that the stacked lenses makes.

I REALLY NEED A TRUE MACRO LENS

09-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or just get yourself a reversing ring and use either of those lenses you mentioned above for even closer shooting! Would cost you between ten and twenty bucks...

Certainly an interesting fly.