Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Early Fall Colors
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Southeast WIsconsin ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 5s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: krp, 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Today I went to a park with a small river to take some pictures of the first trees changing colors. It rained in the morning so that made the river a little higher and the colors more saturated. I used a polarizer filter for all of these and a 4 stop nd filter on the river shots. I also stacked the filters and that put dark corners in the pictures but it was easy to clone out in photoshop.

5. HDR panorama

9. HDR

Views: 869
09-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the composition of nr.4. Nice balance between the green and yellow of the leafs and the darker parts of the photo. Some are a bit to green and saturated for my taste.
09-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice captures of fall's foliage starting to emerge.... love the subtle changes in the leaves before those fiery reds, oranges and yellows begin to appear... dave m
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
krp
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
I really like the composition of nr.4. Nice balance between the green and yellow of the leafs and the darker parts of the photo. Some are a bit to green and saturated for my taste.
Thanks. Number 4 is my favorite too. I edited these photos on my laptop, which has cooler less saturated colors. So I later realized I went too far with the vibrance.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
very nice captures of fall's foliage starting to emerge.... love the subtle changes in the leaves before those fiery reds, oranges and yellows begin to appear... dave m
Thanks. I'm looking forward to coming back here when the colors are at their peak.