Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
I Just Do.....
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 09-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Ever get those shots that might best be deleted. Just not up to par for what you wanted...maybe it was the light, maybe the lens, maybe the camera, maybe the speed, maybe the ISO, maybe some movement, maybe the shooter.....?

You try to process it, and while you can do some good, it still just isn't right.....too many artifacts, not razor sharp, just not on the mark......but somehow, you just can't delete it......even worse, you kind of like it, but wouldn't tell anyone........they would think you were insane!

Well, gentlemen, that is one of the benefits of actually being insane, people don't have too high of expectations of you, so you can just like it right out in public!

Regards!

I just do.....


Views: 918
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Spain
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 574
I think all of us have pics like this. But itīs one of the marvellous things of photography: itīs life. And sometimes you donīt carry the camera with a perfect scenary; sometimes the battery ends in the worst moment; sometimes you arrive late to the perfect moment. Photography is life: good and bad moments. This is why is so special. And I think the bad pics must be erased. They are like those women you see in the street that moves you. Itīs a moment, like a pic, but you think: she could be the love of my life. Then she passes, you go to your own things and just erase the memory. Itīs part of the game.
09-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
Rupert, if it was a perfect world, it would be very boring. I think Juan said it wonderfully. Bob
09-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
I guess I will just say goodbye to my little birdie.....we tried!
Regards!

09-23-2011, 03:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Spain
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 574
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I guess I will just say goodbye to my little birdie.....we tried!
Regards!
If you donīt want to erase it, DONīT DO IT. Different opinions is something wonderful too. I understand that your point of view and hope you follow what your heart says (insane or not ). As Steve Jobs said in the speech in Standford: "keep hungry, keep foolish".
09-23-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,386
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Ever get those shots that might best be deleted. Just not up to par for what you wanted...maybe it was the light, maybe the lens, maybe the camera, maybe the speed, maybe the ISO, maybe some movement, maybe the shooter.....?

You try to process it, and while you can do some good, it still just isn't right.....too many artifacts, not razor sharp, just not on the mark......but somehow, you just can't delete it......even worse, you kind of like it, but wouldn't tell anyone........they would think you were insane!

Well, gentlemen, that is one of the benefits of actually being insane, people don't have too high of expectations of you, so you can just like it right out in public!

Regards!

I just do.....

Hi

Rupert! Don't can this shot!
Tell people this bird is a lunatic and every time during a full moon phase it comes out and struts its stuff and on this occasion you were able to capture this performance with your brilliant K-5. Full moon, how good is this. I know Otis will be jealous.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-31-2011 at 07:18 AM.
09-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

Rupert! Don't can this shot!
Tell people this bird is a lunatic and every time during a full moon phase it comes out and struts its stuff and on this occasion you were able to capture this performance with your brilliant K-5. Full moon, how good is this. I know Otis will be jealous.

Greetings
It's sad...but your rendition is better than mine....according to Otis...and I never argue with Otis.
Regards!
09-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,857
Never delete photos. Many times (MANY!) I have had photos that I just couldn't make look good, or good enough. Sometimes I have later learned a new technique, acquired a new program, etc., that allowed me to save a photo or two that I had given up on and nearly deleted.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top