Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Center Stage gone By
Lens: Sigma 28-90mm 3.5-5.6 Camera: ist DS Photo Location: Alexis, Ill ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F22 
Posted By: derelict, 09-23-2011, 07:04 AM

Abandoned Opera House from the 1850s. Last play was the mid 30s before the fire code change brought about its demise.

Attached Images

Views: 1,122
09-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
still amazed there was anything still left after so many decades of abandonment and neglect... fine capture... dave m
09-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot.

I would suggest possibly to crop slightly the shot to put the seat in a line of the 2/3rd. (eg by cropping slightly the upper right.)

Thank you for sharing,
09-24-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I thought about cropping it but I didnt want to lose too much of the background stuff. So much there to see, believe it or not. The last plays curtain was still there (all fabric and hand painted) along with the slide in scenes (again, wooden frame with stretched fabric and hand painted). Here are a couple more.

1) Ticket office/ coat room mirror (polished metal)
2) Ticket counter window (math for change and ticket prices were written directly on the wall)
3) Every troupe that cam through signed the back of the scenes and dated it
4) Retrofitted for wiring. Loved the old copper core wiring and porcelain insulators and switches
5) Upstairs dressing room. Not a lot of room to be had but there were two

Attached Images