Random People 9-25-11
Posted By: outsider, 09-24-2011, 10:11 PM

Views: 1,995
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StDevious Quote
Wow, those are some nice lenses but out of my range.

I'm thinking A50 1.4 or FA50 1.4 at the most. Works ?
Oh, both fantastic lenses!!! I have the 50mm 1.7 A lens. The only problem I have with that is that it feels too short. I've used the siggy 85 1.4 for most of the pentax shots and one day decided to use the 50mm 1.7. It felt uncomfortable, because I had to get so close for the headshot I'm used to. Having longer focal lengths also helps the camera achieve more accurate focus since things are more magnified. It has an easier time "deciding" what to focus on. This gives you more keepers, but good portraits can still be attained with the 50mm length, especially if you're going for more head and body in the frame. A side note, yes the lenses I use are ridiculously pricey and it would have been almost impossible for me to have afforded them if I hadn't bought them with my tax returns

09-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by outsider Quote
Oh, both fantastic lenses!!! I have the 50mm 1.7 A lens. The only problem I have with that is that it feels too short. I've used the siggy 85 1.4 for most of the pentax shots and one day decided to use the 50mm 1.7. It felt uncomfortable, because I had to get so close for the headshot I'm used to. Having longer focal lengths also helps the camera achieve more accurate focus since things are more magnified. It has an easier time "deciding" what to focus on. This gives you more keepers, but good portraits can still be attained with the 50mm length, especially if you're going for more head and body in the frame. A side note, yes the lenses I use are ridiculously pricey and it would have been almost impossible for me to have afforded them if I hadn't bought them with my tax returns
hehe tax returns

Being a student currently, even buying stuff with tax returns is out of reach for me. But I see your point in the 50 not being enough and being uncomfortable for the subject. Although I'm a little bit apprehensive about shooting manual focus if I am to get a shot which is not standard still portrait in nature of the subjects in question, I'll keep an eye out for some long length primes like yours but cheaper

EDIT: Might have to start at with the DAL 55-300